First 2010 Nickey Camaro Hits the Streets

Brian Thompson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I'd like to have this!

http://www.superchevy.com/features/camaro/sucp_0908w_first_2010_nickey_camaro_debut/index.html

sucp_0908w_01_z+2010_nickey_camaro_debut+.jpg

walkerheaders

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
i had a nitemare once that i got to the airport and my mustang rental car was yellow.
dude that camaro looks hideous IMO. :barf

yellow wagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
the new owner of the Nickey name is on the Yenko.net forums...I think they are selling staged packages for the cars. Pretty cool :deal Not crazy about those wheels tho. I like the factory ones better. Wonder how it would look with slicks and skinnies mounted up :cheers

bobs409

Administrator
Add me to the list of not liking it.

No offense to those that do like them but to me, these new cars that are "trying" to look like old cars just don't cut it with me. Why do they make cars look so "bloated" these days ??

After you see one a couple of times, the thrill is over anyway. Look at the new Mustangs. At first, they stuck out but I've seen so many, I hardly notice them anymore. The Chargers I never liked at all. The Challenger is ok but I'd rather have a real one. :D No, make that I'd rather just have the money you'd spend to buy one. Then I'd buy my dream '57 Chevy.

Just wait until they remake one of those. I'm sure it's coming too. :barf

Long live old cars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Bob said
"Then I'd buy my dream '57 Chevy.
Just wait until they remake one of those. I'm sure it's coming too"

I usually stay out of anything that doesn't involve a '61 Impala but this really strikes a nerve with me!!!

I don't think GM is smart enough to do what you said Bob, they had their chance a few years ago and what did they do? built the SSR, a retro 1952 Chevrolet pickup!!!! Boy, didn't that sell like hot cakes!!!!

About the same time Ford built the rero Mustang and look what it did for them, probably one of the reasons that Ford didn't have to accept the bailout. The new Mustang looked like a '69 Mustang, so much so that when they first came out it was hard to tell them apart from a distance. You sure wouldn't mistake a new Camaro for a 69 Z-28!!!

My wife wants one of those new Camaros, a few weeks ago she was talking to the local dealership here, the same dealer that sold my 61 SS new and they had a Camaro that she was interested in so she and I went to look at it. Over the phone they told her the sticker was $28030, no one said anything about any other price until we arrived at the dealership and I looked at the window sticker, it had two window stickers totaling....$32400!!!!
They had added a bunch of extras like a custom car cover, and a plastic cover that fits over the motor that was painted to match the car etc, stuff that she nor I wanted but they said had to go with the car. Then and here's the kicker....they added $2000 market adjustment!!!!.
I said to the salesman," this country is in a recession, GM is in bankruptcy, a couple of years ago anybody off the street could go to the bank, float a loan and buy your car but in this day & time banks don't do that. There's lots of people who would like to buy your car but they've lost their job and can't afford it, here's a lady that is ready to write you a check for the car and pay sticker price, no haggling but you just ran her away by jacking the price up!!!! What a nice bunch of guys!!!! Ain't no damn wonder GM is in bankruptcy!!!

I'm sorry for the rant, that just needed to come out

petepedlar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Tommy, don't feel bad........ I've been treated the same way at the local GM dealerships for years........ The last one I bought was from a dealership about 90 miles away. Good people and good service....... Gov Motors has pulled their dealership and they are finished.

and you're right about the mustangs saving F@@d...... there's no car people at GM anymore. Most bean counters don't know how to check their oil and that's who's in charge...... the new Camero looks more like a Toyota than a Camero........ but that's just my opinion.

They can't even pull a designer out of retirement to help....... it's been to long.

I won't be buying a Gov Motors vehicle for quite some time.

Dave

bignbad60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I like the stinger hood, just thought I should start with a positive. It is in my opinion the best looking car in Gm's stable. Now that's not saying much but perhaps they're taking a lean in the right direction. And no I don't like the new Vettes....Love the performance, But haven't cared for their look since 73.
As for Ford, they are a paper tiger...Yes they did not get Gov't help....but they restructured their debt to stay afloat just before the worst of it and are carrying more debt than GM had when it jumped into bankruptcy.

GM needs to produce more Camaros, keep the price Low and meet ( artificially create ) the demand as ford did with the mustang or it will just fade away as the SSR, the prowler and others.

Oh and that Chrysler Prowler, now there was an UGLY car.:crazy

Tim

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10

No offense to those that do like them but to me, these new cars that are "trying" to look like old cars just don't cut it with me. Why do they make cars look so "bloated" these days ??

After you see one a couple of times, the thrill is over anyway. Look at the new Mustangs. At first, they stuck out but I've seen so many, I hardly notice them anymore. The Chargers I never liked at all. The Challenger is ok but I'd rather have a real one. :D No, make that I'd rather just have the money you'd spend to buy one. Then I'd buy my dream '57 Chevy.

Just wait until they remake one of those. I'm sure it's coming too. :barf

Long live old cars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob.
You can buy a new 57 chevy convert. It's just in kit form. CARS has restamped the body and just about all the rest of the parts are readily available. I just wonder why somebody hasn't started offering a completely assembled car for the market. Bodies are available now for 49-54 pickups, 68-69 Camaros and they are working on the 66=67 Nova bodies and some others. Maybe that will be the new car market of the future. :pray

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3

After you see one a couple of times, the thrill is over anyway. Look at the new Mustangs. At first, they stuck out but I've seen so many, I hardly notice them anymore. Long live old cars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I gotta agree !!
When I saw the first new Camaro on the street I was kinda excited.
Checked it out was happy to them on the road again.
Now they don`t even turn my head or getting a second look.:yawn:

Too bad,, they could have done a better job and made them something to dream about!!:takethat

Bubpster

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Guys

Yes, I agree. The camaro is not what it should look like. I was sooooo disapointed to see this car when it came out. I have been Chevy thru and thru since the mid
'60s. The camaro looking at the front or the rear, has such a FROWN on its face. Well, I guess if I looked like that, I too, would have a frown. Please GM, let one of the real car guys that is not in your ranks help design a good looking car.

Dennis

Richard/SIA

Well Known Member
If this works, here is what a good Camaro looks like!

krug2.jpg

Actually has some style, not just what a wind tunnel dictated in order to meet arbitrary Gov. Org. mandated mileage standards.

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Hey Bob. If your rental car was from Hertz, it could have very well been "Tweety Bird Yellow":eek: I remember seeing them in the fleet about a year ago.:yawn:

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I know the new crop of Pony Cars aren't exactly perfect. They're a little too bloated looking, they're too heavy and they're too expensive but having said that I think they're still some of the best looking cars out there today. Maybe that's not saying much when most of the other cars look like jelly beans.:evil
I was a a race a couple of weeks ago where one guy with a new Camaro and two guys with SRT Challengers kept lining up beside each other. All three cars were bone stock and running about 13.40's. I noticed many in the crowd were on there feet for those races so maybe, just maybe, some of the younger crowd that think all the cool cars come from Japan or Germany will give the big three a second look.:dunno

Attachments

• 2010-ford-mustang-74.jpg
    2010-ford-mustang-74.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 20
  • 2008_Dodge_Challenger_SRT8_Photo.jpg
    2008_Dodge_Challenger_SRT8_Photo.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 19
  • 2010-chevy-camaro.jpg
    2010-chevy-camaro.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 19

DaveFoster

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Wow Bob, I didn't know yellow gave you nitemares, you didn't even look green around the gills in this photo. Can't remember what color your Mustang rental car was though, white I think.
294183386.jpg

raymar58409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Bob, Do you have that avitar available as a bumper sticker? And before the incoming starts, maybe some could trade in their impeach bush bumper stickers.

Ray

walkerheaders

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Wow Bob, I didn't know yellow gave you nitemares, you didn't even look green around the gills in this photo. Can't remember what color your Mustang rental car was though, white I think.
294183386.jpg

gosh Dave, that picture feels like ancient history now. i miss cruising so. cal. with you. yep, the white one was my favorite. i also had a silver/blue 'stang at your race in Irwindale. hey, lighten up on the yellow comment, LOL you cant help what you nitemare. i had an Impala, and couldnt wait to turn that one back in. had a monte carlo that hauled butt, i took it to LACR. (looks like i wont be there again)

sorry for the thread-jack.

my friend has a black new SS camaro with the 426 HP and 6 speed. it hauls a$$, is seriously fun to drive, and the black hides all the body features that are un-appealing (like the stupid knight rider lightbar hole in the front etc.) IMO, every other color camaro makes the bad parts stand out. (including my beloved red)

I like the looks of the new challenger in all the colors. and i like the basic mustang with the pony package. no thanks on the Shelby. never liked them, never will.

some folks who never leave town can get away with driving nothing but 60's cars, but if you ever get your hands on one of these new fangled hot rods, you'll quikly figure out why "W" - "X" cars were obsoleted by the newer models.

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Subject to regulation...

Given the regulations that car manufacturing has to meet, these cars actually look OK. Much better than the rest of the ones I see out there. I really can't tell one from another (the jelly bean cars) and don't care to. I have to admit that the new Camaro looks like a Toyota from the rear, but at least they attempted to get some of the old styling cues in place. I hate to say it, but the boys from Dodge did a better job with the Charger, and I am not a Mopar fan to say the least...

I guess that's the optimist in me speaking. I hope people buy these cars, because I'd rather see them once in a while than what I see now. My two boys, both working and in their early 20s, went overseas and purchased one or two year old vehicles (Audi A6 and Acura TL) because there was nothing American that they liked. At least they followed my rule of thumb and paid cash (If it goes down in value over time, you should pay by cash or check, not borrow and pay interest)...

Hopefully the next wave of pseudo-muscle cars will look even better!

Cheers,
TomK

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Tom I am of the opinion that there will be no more semi-muscle cars after Obama tricked up the cafe standards to penalize Ford. After 2011 they will all have to be skinny tires equipped jelly beans because that is all that will meet standards. I am a believer that pickups will be rationed because of the minimal amount that can be made after 2011 to still stay into compliance with those cafe numbers.
robert