1963 Pro Touring Impala

lilbuzzy

Well Known Member
12 years after being imprisoned in storage building # 12 I am headed in a new direction with an old project. Was once headed toward the NMCA. Now I'm headed in the pro touring direction. We'll see what happens.

DSCN0862_159.jpg

DSCN0864_161.jpg

DSCN0865_162.jpg

DSCN0867_169.jpg

DSCN0872_164.jpg

DSCN0873_163.jpg

lilbuzzy

Well Known Member
time for another update

Man time flies between commercial breaks. Jigged, cut and jigged.
DSCN1203_427.jpg

DSCN1200_429.jpg

DSCN1204_426.jpg

Redneck plasma cutterS:thumbsup:
DSCN1206_424.jpg

DSCN1207_423.jpg

DSCN1211_419.jpg

DSCN1212_418.jpg

DSCN1212_418.jpg

DSCN1216_414.jpg

One day I'll get it done...I hope.

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Great looking car and parts. At the rate you're going, you should be on the road soon. Good luck ...... :clap:cheers

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
The front suspension looks really good!:beerbang
It should handle like a sports car when you're done.

lilbuzzy

Well Known Member
Sweet! How many hacksaw blades to cut the frame?

just one blade. it was a 465-0something from sears that they don't make anymore (cause they don't make anything like they used to...right?). it's probably the same age as the cutterS :roll

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
What a great looking project !!!!! Keep us up to date as you proceed...

Thanks for posting
Bill

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Looking good!:beerbang
How about that weather. Who'd of thought you'd need snow tires in Alabama.:scratch

09Jud

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I don't understand how that car roll cage was certified by NHRA when not all the legs of the cage were welded to the frame. and by the way nice work.

lilbuzzy

Well Known Member
I don't understand how that car roll cage was certified by NHRA when not all the legs of the cage were welded to the frame. and by the way nice work.

It was certified some 12 years ago. The fellow that put it in has never had one turned down. They actually drilled and checked all welds. I have plates that cap the bars in the cabin like they do with all the uni body cars like mustangs, camaros, etc. The out bars (front and rear are attached to the frame. There is no way to attach the rest of the cage to the frame unless you cut into the x frame with cross bars underneath the floor. And we all know what that would do as far as exhaust routing. :doh

By the way, I was not showing off the cage, merely showing that it has not been worked on since 1998 when I was going to make a digger out of it.

Richie