2013 West Coast Shoot Out, Dedicated to Dave Smith

409newby

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Seems as everyone was willing to help on the fuel pump, none to be found in Eureka, luckily Kim had a spare that would fit with a few changes to line, etc, and yes the actuator rod is fun but Dave was very patient in holding it up until I could get the bolts that Joel provided to thread in, different pump required longer bolts. Tangerine beer is just that, I'am guessing just regular beer with a hint of tangerine juice! As to Ron's question, theres not a thing wrong with beer flavored beer, my favorite one is an open beer!!!;)

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
oh, nothing, but it still need's some salt!!!!Different beer for different place's . When i was at summer camp in guernsey wyoming when i was in the national guard i walked into a bar and asked for a coor's beer and the bartender said , what's that , i was amazed he never heard of it, of course that was in 1963.

Back then Coors never shipped out of Colorado if I remember right. People would head out there and bring back trailer loads of it.

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Whenever we had a flight from Hawaii to the west coast, I would take orders and call ahead to order a pallet load of Coors in San Francisco to be delivered to the C-130 for the return flight. Hawaiian beer wasn't so great in the early 70's.

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Bill said:
Failure to Launch !!!!

Trying to finish up loading and getting ready to head out in the early morning, but Ms Bela has decided she does not want to go apparently !!!! :bang:dunno

Okay, I got some time yesterday to look at the problem with MS Bela... Here is what I found ? I pulled the ignition switch from the dash, and found a couple of things. The bezel that holds it to the dash was so loose, you could almost turn the switch around in the dash while turning the key !!! Everything looked solid on the connections on the back, but I cleaned everything up anyway. I removed the lock cylinder and cleaned it up and re-installed everything ? She started right up !!! Don't know which of the things fixed the problem, but she is running again, for now. Don't trust it to keep me going so I'm going to order a new switch and replace it ! Got to be ready for next years races and convention, wherever they are ??

Now to work on the video...

Bill

jbschneeweis

Well Known Member
Great Bill. Isn't it always the silly little things that cause the problems. Wen would be a good time to talk to you about your Verizon tablet? Shelly is interested in getting one. Thanks.

Joel

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Joel, call anytime, always good to hear from you ! Got Lee's picture disk, will get some loaded to share.

Bill

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Okay, I finally got some time today to work on video from the Shootout... This is from Saturday in the morning, I'll have some more of the actual shootout very soon, I promise...

Thanks to everyone who attended and Thanks to Lee for a lot of still pictures, they are great..

Bill

Garbageman

Supporting Member 1
That's great Bill! I can't wait for the rest. Oh, and if Lee has a picture of the little gal driving that Lark that would be good too.

Paul

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
079a.jpg
Better late than never post-race report. It was just as we figured, knothead driver had only epoxied oil pickup in place and it fell out. Despite temporary loss of pressure, no damage is evident; bearings look fine, cam lobes and lifters apparently had enough Brad Penn slopping over them to keep everything happy. I am going to re-do the pump, tig the pickup this time, clean and re-seal everything and pitch it back in with a few minor changes.