2014 Convention T shirts, etc

Topstrap

Well Known Member
Sorry if this was discussed in another thread but last year we all got excited about a T-shirt design for the Thompson get together. I didn't see them or missed them if they were made up, we kept our eyes open while we wandered around the pits.

Lots of great designs were discussed and graphics were made up but did I miss them being printed?

Me and Chris are planning to come to Kansas or Thompson or where ever the get together is next summer and would really like to see some T-shirts or maybe even nice nylon jackets made up. Maybe if we try to keep it simpler and not have 67 personal designs wanted for individual tastes it might be easier to get done.

I asked Jim (Jim_SS409) about possibly using one of the pictures of their new Bob Walla aluminum 409 they just got running for a shirt and he seems acceptable to that. This engine has to be a pinnacle in what the W block can attain and be a great centerpiece on the back of a shirt or jacket. Maybe use the various W engines around it in a clockwork fashion showing it's evolution starting with the basic 348, then 348/three dueces, basic 409, dual quad 409 then Z-11 with Jims large aluminum engine in the middle. On the front a nice design saying 349-409.com either on a pocket or in that area. Maybe even see if the present owner of Old Reliable II would allow use of a photo of that car coming off the line with 348-409.com above it or something as simple as a W valve cover with the 348-409.com lettering on the valve cover for the small pocket area design. It pretty much represents old school and is recognizable by nearly all that are interested in these great cars and engines.

Just an idea, hope we don't let the shirt/jacket idea drop. Figured this thread is getting read a lot and might get the interest going again. If it's inappropriate here, please remove or move it to the appropriate area. We're pretty new here and know things take time and can lost in the shuffle dealing with any type of membership but I think a lot of us would like to see this happen.

Quick and dirty using PhotoShop, can't imagine how many copyright laws I probably just broke snatching pictures off the web :) We might have to get a couple airbrushed here locally to wear to the local cruises this summer.

2n0w.jpg

eqvc.jpg

Dennis & Chris

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Hey guys i talked to my shirt guy about 2 weeks ago using the 348-409.com logo on front, a chest design 3 color and the back has been the problem but
the engine i think is a great idea my idea would be more of cartoonish 409 motor with big slicks and a monster :crazyor goonish type riding or driving it, lots of color, smoke and black marks just my idea tho any artists out there probaly be better to do a transfer for the back:dunno if this helps

6.50 a piece for ash (Grey) or white 50/50 Gildan that is with the logo screen printed good quality, Nice shirt

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Just an idea on convention T-shirts.. This was my club Car show T-shirt (Long Island Chevrolet Owner's "CHEVY SHOWDOWN " )100_2584.jpg here on Long Island
I am putting it up for consideration.
:crazy:dance:cheers

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Hey guys i talked to my shirt guy about 2 weeks ago using the 348-409.com logo on front, a chest design 3 color and the back has been the problem but
the engine i think is a great idea my idea would be more of cartoonish 409 motor with big slicks and a monster :crazyor goonish type riding or driving it, lots of color, smoke and black marks just my idea tho any artists out there probaly be better to do a transfer for the back:dunno if this helps

6.50 a piece for ash (Grey) or white 50/50 Gildan that is with the logo screen printed good quality, Nice shirt

I took some "Artistic license" here. Used the new block in Jim Carniato's car because I don't have a good picture of Jim Comeau's car. anyway............

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Ya Dick ..................THAT IS WIIILLLLLLLLLLD :crazy great job i'm waiting for a couple of samples that should be in tonight. I'll post as soon as they come in. Dick you just might be the man

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Cool stuff but I'm more of a traditionalist on this one. Hard to identify old school W with those ideas above, but to each his own....:hide

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Hey Dave I'm working on a big W engine only with BiG slicks and front wheels and tires no body just a big W engine
for the back and on the front a chest logo of the 348-409.com logo like on the home page upper left hand corner, :dunno

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
We are going to have t-shirts available at the Convention. 2 designs for sure ....maybe 3. They will be available at the Convention first and then any left over will be offered. The key is the number attending and try to have about 150 left over!!

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I'm not going but put me down for a couple of shirts when the time comes.

Don

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
While I am not going to be there maybe everyone attending should have their own shirt printed for while attending the event with your screen name on it, instead of name tags? Pic of your car too?

Don