Overhauling

Stormed_Norm

Well Known Member
Anybody watch that show with Chip Foose? Next week they are having a 61 Impala. I always enjoy watching the pople when they get their car all fixed up. It's on Velocity on sunday night.

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I haven't watched it in a few years. They did a great job on a black '62 Belair Sedan I remember. (Another one that looks like TomK's car!) It's on Netflix, so I'll probably start watching it again soon.

bobs409

Administrator
If you can stomach all the "mods" they make to them. :hide Chip seems to think that every car needs it's door handles shaved and bumpers tucked in. :rolleyes

Also, you gotta question the quality of the work if a whole car is done in a matter of days. :scratch

Entertaining however... :roll

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I don't recall them doing any major mods to the black '62 I mentioned (which is why I liked that episode the most) but it didn't get a W. I've often wondered how they could do any quality work in a week as well.

Stormed_Norm

Well Known Member
My biggest grype about Foose is that he seems to be stuck on 2 tone paint jobs. A very nice guy, met him several times. Also I wish Courtney Hansen was back on his show. But I guess it wsa money thing. Here's Courtney and myself at teh 50's in Minneapolis a couple years ago. She's pregnaunt now, and it's not mine...........lol

Attachments

• Back to the 50\'s-2012 009.jpg
    Back to the 50\'s-2012 009.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 90

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
She was the best part. :deal The early shows were cool with the whole "mark" thing going on and people not knowing what was up with their car missing. Especially the ones were people were getting mad. I am extremely laid back, get along with everyone, etc., but if someone pulled some of that crap with me on my '61 Bel Air I would have ended up in jail for the first time in my life.
Later episodes everyone would recognize the cast and knew what was up.

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
My biggest grype about Foose is that he seems to be stuck on 2 tone paint jobs. A very nice guy, met him several times. Also I wish Courtney Hansen was back on his show. But I guess it wsa money thing. Here's Courtney and myself at teh 50's in Minneapolis a couple years ago. She's pregnaunt now, and it's not mine...........lol

I can see why she is pregnant.....definitely not a 2 bagger,...........................:dance:happy:laugh

62impala409

Supporting Member 1
Most of these car shows on TV are all BS and DRAMA. I simply feel they are a waste of my time. The only two that I occasionally watch are "Chasing Classic Cars" based in CT and "Legendary Motorcars" which is based out of Ontario. These programs actually find and feature cars without the drama crap. I stopped watching Fosse a long time ago when he started the 2 tone paint job BS on classic Chevy cars.

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2

I say you photo shopped your image next to her:roll

Stormed_Norm

Well Known Member
I say you photo shopped your image next to her:roll
Actually she is almost a local girl. Originally from Minnesota, her dad use to own Brainerd International Raceway. I know your just teasing. And for th 70 year old comment,you seen Lynda Vaugn lately? I partied with her and her niece 30 years ago in Pomana at teh Nat's. She is one fun lady. I'll have to scan that picture I have of her and her niece.