Convention fun facts

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
First prepaid registration: Steve Evans from New Zealand
Last prepaid registration: Bob Walla

We had 3 or 4 birthdays and other than Quinn Anderson, Jody's son who turned 18, I can't remember the others!!!!

Butch Schultz called from the Hawaiian beach to tell me, his lovely bride Debbie, told him they had to cut their vacation short so Butch could come to Great Bend!!!!

Shan Dalley is our most consistent racer. He ran out of gas at Thompson a couple of years ago. He ran out again at Great Bend before he got to the bleach box!!!! We are going to start a little donation fund for a new gas gauge for Shan. Donations can be sent to.....................

This Convention had 1 marriage proposal. On Saturday, Lee Proffitt got down on one knee and asked Lisa to marry him in front of Hayden. Actually...Lee approached me that he wanted to do this at the Sunday brunch but being the considerate fella I am...and knowing Lisa had to leave right after the Sunday brunch to get back to work..........I suggested to Lee that if he proposed that afternoon......he might enjoy the evening more since Lisa would be spending the night!!!! Sunday morning he thanked me for keeping his best interests at heart!!!! Right after the proposal....I leaned over to Hayden and said "watch out......Lisa is just after the money...she wants "more Proffitt"!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did I tell you Shan is still consistent???????????????

Brian Lambert brought his father and brother with him. His brother Creig has something we all would like to have....................his street address is 409!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anybody want to move to L'Anse, MI?????????

We had 4 attendees from New Zealand (more than from 17 states), 2 from Australia, 2 from Canada and 33 of the lower 48 states. Congratulations to all who attended!!!!!!!!! Biggest contingent is from the Great State of TEXAS!!!!!!! 14 to be exact. CA was our largest group for the 2004 Convention. The top 8 is TX with 14, OH with 9, MI and MO with 8, KS and IN with 7 and CO and IA with 6.

We had 64 cars registered. They are as follows:
1 1937
1 1954 Corvette
2 1955
1 1957 T-Bird
3 1958
4 1959
3 1960
7 1961
1 1961 Pontiac
27 1962
8 1963
4 1964
1 1964 Police car
2 1965
1 1965 Nova

Guess that's it for now. If I remember anything else...I'll add it!!

THANK YOU again for everyone who attended!! It was GREAT seeing everyone again.

Last edited:

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I thought the corvette was a 54' and are you saying there were 2-65' Impala's and 1-65' Nova or 1-65' Impala and 1-65'Nova because your tally of cars adds up to 65? And yes the T-Bird.

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Was the guy with the 61 Pontiac a member? Super car but I had never seen or heard of it before

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Well, i was one of the kansas guy's ,no car there, no 409 ,i did not go to brunch {tight azz}. I probably should have to meet more guy's and put face's to name's even thought i did meet several guy's and enjoyed talking to them. Car guy's are the best!!!!!!:D

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
I thought the corvette was a 54' and are you saying there were 2-65' Impala's and 1-65' Nova or 1-65' Impala and 1-65'Nova because your tally of cars adds up to 65? And yes the T-Bird.
Dan...get away from the calculator and go back out to the garage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

64ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Well, i was one of the kansas guy's ,no car there, no 409 ,i did not go to brunch {tight azz}. I probably should have to meet more guy's and put face's to name's even thought i did meet several guy's and enjoyed talking to them. Car guy's are the best!!!!!!:D
The registration fee was a bargain. The gas and motels added up, but all worth it. Once in a lifetime event.

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
How many were convertibles ?
I know 2 of the 62's were, mine & Jim's with the 55, but how about the others?

Dave

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
I love this website:hug
We have a great weekend and none of us really cared about how many or what was there at the time, we all (that we met anyhow) had a brilliant time.
BUT when some one put some facts up about the weekend (thanks Phil) we all have to make sure they are absolutely correct:lmao

And no one gets upset:clap:poke:taunt:blah

This is awesome

Back home now and work tomorrow:cry1

keep up the fun

Steve

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Did that red slingshot (FED) with the 409 make it? Father / daughter team.
this one
p1010019-jpg.2714512

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
That's it. I didn't notice when I saw the pictures before that they used a sheet metal intake for the blower.

Rickys61

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
First prepaid registration: Steve Evans from New Zealand
Last prepaid registration: Bob Walla

We had 3 or 4 birthdays and other than Quinn Anderson, Jody's son who turned 18, I can't remember the others!!!!

Butch Schultz called from the Hawaiian beach to tell me, his lovely bride Debbie, told him they had to cut their vacation short so Butch could come to Great Bend!!!!

Shan Dalley is our most consistent racer. He ran out of gas at Thompson a couple of years ago. He ran out again at Great Bend before he got to the bleach box!!!! We are going to start a little donation fund for a new gas gauge for Shan. Donations can be sent to.....................

This Convention had 1 marriage proposal. On Saturday, Lee Proffitt got down on one knee and asked Lisa to marry him in front of Hayden. Actually...Lee approached me that he wanted to do this at the Sunday brunch but being the considerate fella I am...and knowing Lisa had to leave right after the Sunday brunch to get back to work..........I suggested to Lee that if he proposed that afternoon......he might enjoy the evening more since Lisa would be spending the night!!!! Sunday morning he thanked me for keeping his best interests at heart!!!! Right after the proposal....I leaned over to Hayden and said "watch out......Lisa is just after the money...she wants "more Proffitt"!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did I tell you Shan is still consistent???????????????

Brian Lambert brought his father and brother with him. His brother Creig has something we all would like to have....................his street address is 409!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anybody want to move to L'Anse, MI?????????

We had 4 attendees from New Zealand (more than from 17 states), 2 from Australia, 2 from Canada and 33 of the lower 48 states. Congratulations to all who attended!!!!!!!!! Biggest contingent is from the Great State of TEXAS!!!!!!! 14 to be exact. CA was our largest group for the 2004 Convention. The top 8 is TX with 14, OH with 9, MI and MO with 8, KS and IN with 7 and CO and IA with 6.

We had 64 cars registered. They are as follows:
1 1937
1 1954 Corvette
2 1955
1 1957 T-Bird
3 1958
4 1959
3 1960
7 1961
1 1961 Pontiac
27 1962
8 1963
4 1964
1 1964 Police car
2 1965
1 1965 Nova

Guess that's it for now. If I remember anything else...I'll add it!!

THANK YOU again for everyone who attended!! It was GREAT seeing everyone again.
Hey Phil... Do you have any stats on how many drove their cars to the convention?? I can think of four off the top of my head...
Rick