Convention fun facts

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
I visited with Kim quite a bit while watching race's . He took out the solid lifter cam and put a milder hydraulic in . He put a tremec 5 speed although gear lever indicates 4 speed. He told me it was not a original 409 car. H e said it get's about 15 mpg , not to bad!!!!!!

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I visited with Kim quite a bit while watching race's . He took out the solid lifter cam and put a milder hydraulic in . He put a tremec 5 speed although gear lever indicates 4 speed. He told me it was not a original 409 car. H e said it get's about 15 mpg , not to bad!!!!!!
My car has a 6-speed and I can get 18mpg and that is with kicking in the secondaries every so offten...:brow

Rickys61

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Ricky,What kind of mileage did your 61 get on the trip?
We got about 8.5 - 9 MPG... It's running really rich.. I need to spend some time experimenting with jetting...
Ricky, I will bet the smiles per mile made the mpg worth it!
As for smiles per miles Brian.. We did 2300 miles and had a blast... We would do it again in a minute!!
Rick

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
:bow:bow:bow..........SPM's .........My hats off to everyone who drove....... but I drove up on Ricky and Lorene .......hope I spelt her name rite, Dan correct me if I'm wrong, but I had chill bumps for the next 20 miles it was great I hope ya'll can make it to the HOT ROD REUNUION next June 18-20, and bring the car...........(does the car have a name), it needs one......innnneewaay, it was fun watching that car scoot up the highway around 75 MPH and beyond............... but the kazillion SPH makes it all worth while. .,I ain;t proof reading this no more

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Tom .........with knowledge comes great power..............did you get that car goin yet..........Dan whow ya been .........o wait that looks like I was gonna say whore..............:laugh:laugh..........wait...wait ........let me ...................o k now I'm ready ......wats everybody doin up this late anyway

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Tom .........with knowledge comes great power..............did you get that car goin yet..........Dan whow ya been .........o wait that looks like I was gonna say whore..............:laugh:laugh..........wait...wait ........let me ...................o k now I'm ready ......wats everybody doin up this late anyway
Martin,
Have you ever heard of Pacific Daylight Time...:dunno
It's what we have out West here...:poke

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Damn Dan its still daylight out there.........:doh what was I thinkin.............but Tom its almost.......... after midnight put that to the tune with Eric Clapton singin it