Project update........

Last 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
:laughing

I guess I should mention, mine stopped leaking it seems! 4 days now I haven't had to add any fluid. Before that, I was adding about 3-4 tablespoons a day. (best way I can describe it)

Monk, sorry for the: :jacked
Maybe it's empty!!

Lonnie

Monk

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Starting to look like an engine again.........finally got my custom spacers for the Allen Grove alternator bracket.
Looks much better inside the engine bay........really like the way it fits and works with the new March Pulleys.
W valve covers are in clear sight..........real happy with the results.

Will some better pics tomorrow showing bracket itself.

Monk

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Ok........last of the pics for now.

Got radiator in.........bought a 57" belt to replace the longer 59" one.......gives me more room for adjustment
and made a world of difference.
Tried to show some better photos of the Allen Grove bracket.........I had some aluminum spacers made 1/2" longer than the stock ones as this is
where the sweet spot was on my engine.

W Head

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Monk, something I wish I had done on my alum. radiator. did not notice til I got the radiator installed, but the front of my car would have looked much better if I had painted the front of the alum. radiator black. It would make the grill show up much better. The radiator support is black and then there is this big block of alum. in the middle of the grill. I am going to pull mine when it gets warmer and paint the front of the radiator black to match the radiator support. Just my 2 cents.

W Head

59 Impala 409-2,4s

Jeff Olson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I imagine it could but how much difference could it really make? I guess if it was parked in Cecil's back yard in July maybe.

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Paint doesn't stick to aluminum very well without the correct primer. Prime and paint a radiator wouldn't allow proper heat dissipation. Eastwood sells a radiator paint. Wonder if that would stick to an aluminum radiator?

W Head

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
I'm talking about just a light coat of paint to just cover the front part of the radiator that is shown thru the grill. won't make a diff in the cooling. I agree with Fathead about black and heat anyway.

W Head

59 Impala 409-2,4s

Shake-N-Bake

Well Known Member
Paint doesn't stick to aluminum very well without the correct primer. Prime and paint a radiator wouldn't allow proper heat dissipation. Eastwood sells a radiator paint. Wonder if that would stick to an aluminum radiator?

I have tried it and it sticks pretty well to bare aluminum. I used it on the transmission cooler for my F-450 hauler and it didn't seem to affect it's cooling capacity at all. I just dusted it with paint though...no reason to try and cake it on. I used the same paint on the radiator in our '61. The true test will be this summer when we are driving the car in 115 degree heat. :scared

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
On the T56's in the SS & WS6....they have the internal rail shifter design like the TKO.....I just pull the shifter boot, unbolt the shifter, and pour the fluid in right there.

Monk

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
On the T56's in the SS & WS6....they have the internal rail shifter design like the TKO.....I just pull the shifter boot, unbolt the shifter, and pour the fluid in right there.

Yeah I was told that.....but you know how it is with me when I pull something apart for the first time :)

Monk

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Got the shoebox home yesterday...........long four months with several upgrades.
W motor is happier with new valve springs..........hydraulic clutch is smooth.

11025269_1028466907182224_7156880188018412242_o.jpg