Bowling Green, KY. Hot Rod Reunion 2015

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
You guys have a lot of fun at the gathering, James and I won't be able to make it. Just toooo many work-related things blocking the path at the moment... And the vehicle isn't close to being ready :(.

Take lots of pictures and video for those of us who aren't able to make the trek!

TomK

Tri5man

Well Known Member
Martin, we're getting close. Any information on where we are going to meet at Beech Bend?

Gary

Tri5man

Well Known Member
National Weather forecast shows Tropical Depression Bill now in Texas making a right and going through the Ohio and Mississippi later this week. Might be a little soggy in BG, KY. Could be different the next few days.

Gary

Last edited:

Mearl

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
It's supposed to be here the next couple of days. They're calling for several inches of rain for us.

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I'll wait as long as I can tomorrow, as Its 3 hours to my son's in Akron and I'll stay over night before we start the 7 hour to Bowling Green.
As of now at 3:30pm, Bowling Green is calling for 60% chance of all 3 days, but it all depends on how the storm in Texas swing up to the north.

Dave

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Steve & Martin,
Just talked to my son and we decided that we are going no matter. The Corvette museum is worth it.
See someone Thursday I hope. Weatherman on TV just said the storm should go through Saint Louis then Columbus .

Dave

mike bell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I never believe the weatherman, but in this case I hope they are correct! Just watched the news from St Louis and they are talking that storm coming up thru central Mo. And passing over StL and tracking a little northeast into Ind. and Ohio! StL May get 5-8 inches over the next couple days. It looked like the farther south and east you went the less rain would fall? I guess all we can do is HOPE!!!!!! If nothing else we can ALL follow Martin home and eat his food and drink his beer! We're going - hope to see you All there Mike

Tri5man

Well Known Member
Mike,

I saw a forecaster today who said exactly the same thing. He said the storm may track further north into Indiana and Ohio not into Kentucky. Hope he's right. By tomorrow they may have a better handle on the storms track. My biggest concern is the hotel but not bailing on it just yet. I only live 1 1/2 hours from BG and could drive down for the day if necessary. On the other hand with this unsettled weather the hotels may be getting cancellations meaning it probably won't be too difficult to get another room.

Speaking of Martin, anyone know where he lives? Looking forward to seeing y'all in BG.

Gary

Last edited:

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
:burnout Hey guys............ya we will probably get some rain but it won't be a wash, ..................looks like the weathermen around here are saying 50/50 chance of rain but most are predicting a little further north than Bowling Green...........and it shouldn't stop anything ..................I am going to the track in the morning and see if I can get a good place to set up everything...............call me when you get to Bowling Green and I will tell you where to go................everyone have a safe trip. Its going to be a blaaaaassssst.........:flag:pepper:bacon

Last 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
:burnout Hey guys............ya we will probably get some rain but it won't be a wash, ..................looks like the weathermen around here are saying 50/50 chance of rain but most are predicting a little further north than Bowling Green...........and it shouldn't stop anything ..................I am going to the track in the morning and see if I can get a good place to set up everything...............call me when you get to Bowling Green and I will tell you where to go................everyone have a safe trip. Its going to be a blaaaaassssst.........:flag:pepper:bacon
Thanks Martin. Every one is ALWAYS telling me where to go anyway!!!

Lonnie

Tri5man

Well Known Member
Last forecast for BG I saw said 50% chance of rain Thursday and Friday, 100% on Saturday. Plan to arrive BG between 9 & 10 AM tomorrow. Waiting to hear from Martin on where to park.

Gary