Smoking bbq

nana1962409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Well when I don't work on the car or my other vehicles or have to tend to yard work I like smoking meats in my smoker I built. Here are some pics of the build and some of the food that comes off it. Hope you all enjoy!

nana1962409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I think it used to be a propane tank and then the machine shop I go to was using it as a compressor tank till the tanks identifying tag fell off then insurance wouldn't let him use it anymore so he got a real compressor tank and I got a new smoker chamber!

nana1962409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Thanks for the compliments! Phil it would be a little bit of a drive to get to my house.

nana1962409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Well one benefit with this cold is I can run my smoker at a low enough temp to smoke bacon without melting the fat off of it. Got the full bellies from a coworker that raises dirt hogs and butchers them himself and a shoulder chunk to make cottage bacon. Cured the meat for 11 days and smoked them for 9 hours last night. Hand cut it all and now have about 30lbs of bacon!IMG_1078.JPGIMG_1077.JPGIMG_1079.JPGIMG_1082.JPGIMG_1084.JPG

nana1962409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
There is 4 in my household me and the boy are the carnivours the women like there pasta. I like to do big batches to stock up when I fire up the big smoker being it takes the same amount of wood to cook 1 piece of meat of fill the whole 36"x53" chamber.Here is the boy enjoying some cooking from this summer.IMG_0922.JPG