Fred Totten memorial shootout.

Steve "wully bully"

Supporting Member 1
I have an option if anybody is interested. I spoke with Beaver Bob at Beaver Springs Dragway. This is a decent track located about an hour north of Harrisburg, PA. It is IHRA sanctioned, 1/4 mile track. They do a lot of nostalgia events during the year, and do them well. Carl, Allen, Ray and I have raced there numerous times over the years. They host a race on July 10th in conjunction with the York Nostalgia Reunion event that is held July 8th and 9th in York. Bob has offered us to run our own 409 eliminator on Saturday the 9th, and anybody can stay over to run the nostalgia event on Sunday the 10th. Saturday is an open test and tune day, and there will be a hemi shootout run and maybe one other mini event that day. Also, he pays appearance money for Nostalgia Super Stock legal cars that race on Sunday, but you would need to talk with him to be sure you are approved for that. I told him I would throw it out to the group for consideration and get back to him. He would like an answer as soon as we can get it so he can add it to the schedule and advertise it. He does do a decent job of promoting special events, so we would have a decent crowd there. Let me know who is interested and I will see what I can do for special arrangements. This would be about a month after NHRA Hot Rod Reunion, so it wouldn't be a conflict. Bob also told me that he expects Charlie Kuenster and family/friends to tow in from Wisconsin for the weekend, so there are already 4 - 409 cars expected! Carl, Philip and I are in also, so that makes 7.

Thanks, Steven

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
I have an option if anybody is interested. I spoke with Beaver Bob at Beaver Springs Dragway. This is a decent track located about an hour north of Harrisburg, PA. It is IHRA sanctioned, 1/4 mile track. They do a lot of nostalgia events during the year, and do them well. Carl, Allen, Ray and I have raced there numerous times over the years. They host a race on July 10th in conjunction with the York Nostalgia Reunion event that is held July 8th and 9th in York. Bob has offered us to run our own 409 eliminator on Saturday the 9th, and anybody can stay over to run the nostalgia event on Sunday the 10th. Saturday is an open test and tune day, and there will be a hemi shootout run and maybe one other mini event that day. Also, he pays appearance money for Nostalgia Super Stock legal cars that race on Sunday, but you would need to talk with him to be sure you are approved for that. I told him I would throw it out to the group for consideration and get back to him. He would like an answer as soon as we can get it so he can add it to the schedule and advertise it. He does do a decent job of promoting special events, so we would have a decent crowd there. Let me know who is interested and I will see what I can do for special arrangements. This would be about a month after NHRA Hot Rod Reunion, so it wouldn't be a conflict. Bob also told me that he expects Charlie Kuenster and family/friends to tow in from Wisconsin for the weekend, so there are already 4 - 409 cars expected! Carl, Philip and I are in also, so that makes 7.

Thanks, Steven
I could get with that, put me on the list. I just want to get to a track, any track.

Bomar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Steve ,Carl called me today and then I spoke to Denny . Count us in for Beaver Springs.

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
I guess I had to be hit over the head with a 2x4 but I get it now. A few of you have more than a little animosity towards Thompson Raceway Park. I will look elsewhere for the next Fred Totten shootouts.

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Turns out that's about 14-15 hours from Columbia, MO. We'd have to factor in a lot of travel time, but remain open to the possibilities. Like everything it depends on timing and being prepared :).
Keep us posted and we'll do our best to make arrangements.

Cheers!
TomK

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Would like to go, but my soft top can't race.
So in less there is something else for non racers, I'm out.
Shouldn't be bad for me if they did because my son lives close (stopover in Akron, OH)

Dave

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
I guess I had to be hit over the head with a 2x4 but I get it now. A few of you have more than a little animosity towards Thompson Raceway Park. I will look elsewhere for the next Fred Totten shootouts.

I understand where Barry is coming from and pretty much feel the same way about Thompson. That being said I would go back if they made some form of concession to us. We brought a LOT of cash to the track the years we were there and they wouldn't even refund the winner his entrance fee! That would be a good start. Allowing the guys who bring display cars in without paying the full racer's admission fee would be another, maybe just a spectator fee and allowing them to park in the pits with us. There have always been display cars at the Gasser race, I realize it's not just a show event but display cars to attend.

Gary at Mason Dixon paid Winner, Runner up and quarter finalists last year. If Thompson wants in the game they are going to have to step up to the plate in my book!

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
I understand where Barry is coming from and pretty much feel the same way about Thompson. That being said I would go back if they made some form of concession to us. We brought a LOT of cash to the track the years we were there and they wouldn't even refund the winner his entrance fee! That would be a good start. Allowing the guys who bring display cars in without paying the full racer's admission fee would be another, maybe just a spectator fee and allowing them to park in the pits with us. There have always been display cars at the Gasser race, I realize it's not just a show event but display cars to attend.

Gary at Mason Dixon paid Winner, Runner up and quarter finalists last year. If Thompson wants in the game they are going to have to step up to the plate in my book!
I have such a good time at Thompson I was willing to overlook these things, that's just me I guess. I never complain at any race. If I were to start though I would say that at one BIG meet in the state of Kentucky after a long pull and a three day event I only got to run one time. Huh.