Scum of the earth

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I had it happen once. The worst feeling ever. My father and grandfather gave me most of the tools that were taken. The first 10 cars I built with my hands were built with those tools. Pissed me off then and does so now that I think back on it. Insurance paid on the deal but I would take those beat up old tools any day over the new shinny ones I had to buy. Not to mention all of the little modifications I made to a number of those tools to work on specific jobs.

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
What he said. They'll sell all your stuff for next to nothing likely. My buddy had his trailer stolen, he posted pics on line and had his friends share them everywhere, someone found it before the police did and he got it back, undamaged. You might do the same, never know what will happen.

Don
Hey Don,
I would like to think so, but i think reality is that they are gone.

Gav

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Sorry Gav.........I hope the recovery through the police and or the insurance goes easy for you.............low life's SUCK.
Not likely Keith.
even though we are a small country, it could be days before the police come out to fingerprint. Claim is lodged with insurance Co.

Gav

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Gav,
Very sorry to hear this news. I know how sickening it is and like you say now they know what you have...:bat. It's time to get proactive. Maybe a neighborhood watch. These scumbags are cowards, getting the neighborhood involved and watching out for one another is a big detourant. No trespassing signs and a neighborhood watch sign posted and critter cams work great to record any activity.
Posting you lost items localy making the comunity aware to watch for the sale of your stolen items may also help in returning them.
Best of luck to you and your family
Hey Dan,
Well i have two neighbour's and have spoken with them. Otherwise that's pretty much my neighbour hood. Living in the country has it plus side but also it's downside. House is surround by trees so no from the road would see anything suspicious.
Gav

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Sorry to hear this Gav!!! I can't imagine the feelings you are having right now. Have a friend who had some 4-wheelers stolen out of his trailer. He felt so violated that he even sold the trailer!! He just didn't want to be in it again. Hope the Police can find these douche bags for you.
To a degree, i'm thankful they didn't come in to the house. If they did i'm pretty sure we would be bunking down with Steve right now as Wendy wouldn't step foot back in to the house.
real sickening alright. I took today off work to sort some stuff out and get chains and padlocks. Spoke with Steve this arvo and after that i was the shop and i hurled a tie down strop from one end to the other with just missing the 59. But it just makes you sick.

Gav

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
24-7 cameras and a Big Dog ?
well big dogs i have, But he has a tendency to cave the minute someone talks to him and then he's just like a 6 month old pup again.

I think it is time i give him a good kick in is plastic testy's and tell him to wake up or F off.:angry2:horse:guns
camera is next we's think.

Gav

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I had it happen once. The worst feeling ever. My father and grandfather gave me most of the tools that were taken. The first 10 cars I built with my hands were built with those tools. Pissed me off then and does so now that I think back on it. Insurance paid on the deal but I would take those beat up old tools any day over the new shinny ones I had to buy. Not to mention all of the little modifications I made to a number of those tools to work on specific jobs.
I hear ya. The old stuff of yesterday was so good. I had some stuff to from my grandfather but it's now all gone.:bawl

Gav

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Thanks to all for the kind wishes. If we had some gun laws like you have in your home country then maybe a different story.
today was a day of getting chains and padlocks that bolt cutters can't go through.
Wendy wants a camera system in so we are investigating this at the moment to. There are however two good used dogs free to good home - LOL, dam pussy cats.
Have changed some locks and will be looking at making a new security door in to the workshop.

The tools are replaceable, but a also had a couple little things where the kids had made in there metal work classes that they had given me as presents and have had these for nearly 2o years. Those are the things that really hurt with not getting back.

Gav.

No409

Supporting Member 1
sorry for your loss dude. Def do cameras, i have them at my business. did you check local craigslist or pawn shops yet?

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Police were around yesterday to finger print, but nothing found. So now i fully rely on the insurance company coming through and paying up without delay.

Gav

Jeff Olson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I hope you get an adjuster who understands the value in what you lost and it goes smoothly.

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
sorry for your loss dude. Def do cameras, i have them at my business. did you check local craigslist or pawn shops yet?
Hey Tom,
Yeah have been to a recent swap meet and keeping an eye out on our equivalent of Ebay called Trade me, but nothing. Police found no prints.

Gav

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Well regretfully there has been no leads on what was pinched from my workshop and I'm still waiting on insurance to do their duty and pay up.

In the mean time i'm on the hunt for a good selection of imperial tools and tool box.
I see at the moment that there is a tool box set on Ebay, which for us seems to be at a very reasonable price compared to what they are worth today.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231873598277?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

This would currently be worth over NZ $1200.00

However, to make this viable for me, I would need to be able to get this unit to LA for next to nothing.
Apart from driving there and picking it up when i'm over in June (which won't happen) anyone have any brilliant ideas! Someone traveling to LA that's looking for go home with a boot full of beer.,:drunk

Cheers
Gav

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Gav, not sure if you are looking for strictly a Craftsman tool box, but have you looked at Harbor Freight? They have some decent looking tool boxes that seem to be nicely made? Just a thought, they might have a store in LA.:dunno

63impalass409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Sorry to hear that Gav! I'm so paranoid about thieves as I have had a car stolen and the garage at my rental house was broken into not to mention it makes me feel violated that I use an alarm company which works super, have a dog and I padlock the tracks on my shop doors so none of my 4 impala's disappear and I own 2 ak 47's so let them try now!

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Gav, not sure if you are looking for strictly a Craftsman tool box, but have you looked at Harbor Freight? They have some decent looking tool boxes that seem to be nicely made? Just a thought, they might have a store in LA.:dunno
Hey Jim,
F Y I, scored a pretty good deal here this week with a tool box being reduced from $1100 NZ to $545 as a clearance item so nabbed this.
Thanks for the info anyway.

Gav