Transfer 61 bubble roof onto 62 impala cpe

62bubble

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Hey Jim, thanks for the pics. And thanks Skip and Kevin for the kind words. It sure is a good feeling to finally come to the end of a long time consuming build, but without Jim's help it never would have been possible. If I must say soooo, we did a pretty nice job Jim... A few small things to take care of, and after that I will take several more pictures of the finish product, and then just enjoy.....

CASHguzzler409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
We all know the feeling of a complete restoration accomplishment, your ride is one sweet looking memory of the past. I'd like to get yours and mine together for a picture. She's real fine my 409..... now shift into 2nd....

cashguzzler.:burnout

62bubble

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
DSCN1307 (1).JPG DSCN1308 (1).JPG DSCN1309 (1).JPG DSCN1310 (1).JPG DSCN1312 (1).JPG DSCN1316 (1).JPG The Bubble Top is finally DONE. Have had it on a few runs to get the bugs out. This car rides very smooth with the stock rubber bushings in the suspension, compared to the Poly bushing in the Convertible. Here are the finished photos .

61BUBBLE348

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Great job, a Bel Pala, your gonna confuse the hell out of some people.
As stated by skip, nice trunk well cover, do you have photos or a description on how it was made.

62bubble

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Yea Grub. Jim Sullivan came up with the idea to cover the well in the trunk and hide all of the "STUFF' you need to carry with you... We made a box for the well and covered it with plywood. I covered mine with a gray piece of carpet and used adhesive to keep it in place...I do have a lot of fun watching the expression on the face of people when they see "IMPAL AIR" on the quarter panel of the car. One guy asked me if this was an early model of a car thatDSCN1315 (1).JPG DSCN1316 (1).JPG Chevrolet came out with. Makes for great conversation at the shows, and Jim and I have a lot of with it...

62bubble

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Hey Phil, the rear quarter script is shown in several of the restoration photos of this build, but if you need to see it again, it is folcked in segment #8, that is one back....As in the song by Frank SINATRA, -----'I DID IT MY WAY'''

PSmith1

Enjoyed reading this build, it shows great determination on seeing a project thru. And what's left of cars in the Northeast! Sometimes you have to play the hand you're dealt.

I know of a Chev roof replaced 35 yr ago, no stressing of sheet metal, never a spider crack in glass. I visited a few GM assembly plants a while back, saw various stages of production, most would agree this roof installation a bit stronger than factory.