348 for 59 Nomad wagon

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Gav, how many people have asked when are you going to finish it? I like that you enjoy it the way it is.:appl:appl:appl:appl:appl:appl:appl

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Gav, how many people have asked when are you going to finish it? I like that you enjoy it the way it is.:appl:appl:appl:appl:appl:appl:appl
To be honest Don, I have probably had more people telling me to leave it the way it is. Except for my father, everytime he comes down and see's it want to know when I will finish it. HA HA.

Gav

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Earlier this year i started swapping out the springs in the wagon in preparation for it's new heartbeat in time to come as mentioned in this post.
I new springs that i got were a bust I had to send them back to the supplier.

I could get a new set made here in NZ but that outcome can always vary. So anyone know of any 3" drop springs that i can buy off the self for the 59 wagon with the 348 and auto tranny!
Otherwise i guess i could get a set of standard Moog springs and modify those.

Recommendations welcome.

Thanks
Gav

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I've got some stock rear ones you can have, suitable for chopping, but they may not be much better than what you already have.

303Radar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Like boxerdog, I can spare front and rear springs you can have. Mine are off an El Camino. Rears may not be the same strength.

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
After the recent trip to the States, I'm pleased to say that my goodies have now all arrived as at the end of last week.

I would like to say a HUGE thanks to Dave (boxerdog) :clap:good:applfor parting with a set of 817 heads and having these fully machined up ready to. We had a great catch up when i picked the heads up. Thanks again Dave, really appreciate your help.
Also to Don Jacks :bow:cool::burnoutfor the advise that he too has passed on in our PM's on what parts to use, which i would have been totally confused otherwise, not that it takes much to confuse these day's.
I would really have liked to have gone down the tripower set-up but at this stage couldn't justify the expense. Maybe later.

Not sure if i will have the motor ready to go in before the end of summer, especially since i'm also having the 62 panel work done as well. The good wife if getting a bit twitchy as the moment especially now that our new house build has also started. Have to watch the pennies now:crazy.

Along with all the goodies, were some evening refreshments for the up coming summer nights, well actually to hell wit the summer nights, just any night will do:drunk.
So if you are by this way be sure to drop in for a wee drink and a free hand maybe to drop in a rebuilt 348 in to the 59. This will wake her up a bit:burnout.

Cheers
Gav

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I didn't know you drank JD. Or is that 20-50 in those bottles???
Yep JD soak these day's and boy is it cheap to buy this stuff in the States. From Costco i paid $25 a bottle. Back here they are over NZ $120 ea.:drop
Might have been oil for customs purpose.

bjburnout

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
........hey Gav - nice 59 and the fact it looks like an orig 348 car is great....:cool:.....nice to see you going somewhat lo-perf on the 348.....:clap......when I built the 348 for our 61 Impala it was a 280hp with 3x2 and a 4 speed I had more fun with that then some big horsepower cars before........:D........keep us posted on the build........:read