Name THIS FAMOUS CAR!!!....Phil can't play

Phalen409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
The story is too long to tell here........but I have been asked by a number of folks ...."well... who's car is it"?

After I spoke to our own Russ Cambell (RCambell on the Forum) this morning he said it was OK to let the folks that do not already know (there were very few to this point), that he is the owner /restorer of the car...... He now has me on contract to be his official spokesperson!..... So if you have rare Z-11 parts for sale, you can call me first..... As you may know, Mr. Cambell is retired and a quiet man......as opposed to me......who finds it hard to keep his mouth shut!!!!

:cloud

Blk61409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Junk.
Both cars have rusted beyond belief.
They would need, frames, 1/4 panels, doors, wheel houses, cowl almost rusted away on passenger side on the Thunder car, no trim tag on it, and on and on.

In my estimate a total waste of time and money to even attempt a rebuild. When finished you might have salvaged just a handful of parts.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Junk.
Both cars have rusted beyond belief.
They would need, frames, 1/4 panels, doors, wheel houses, cowl almost rusted away on passenger side on the Thunder car, no trim tag on it, and on and on.

In my estimate a total waste of time and money to even attempt a rebuild. When finished you might have salvaged just a handful of parts.
Wow. That's that's a shame to let those special cars go that way!!!!

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15

409envy

Well Known Member
Wonderful pictures Dennis and Pat! Someone needs to get the other two cars and preserve them! Even if it's as-is in some sort of static display... I would volunteer to be the caretaker but the price of entry is more than I could ever afford.

RCampbell

Well Known Member
Looking over the postings it looks like a really fast build. We all know better. At this point we are getting close to 1000 hrs. The car was rusty down low...trunk...floors...quarters. I guess we could have patched everything back together...but it would have been just that...pieced together. Instead we chose to change everything at factory joints....all the floor...wheel houses...and quarters. The car is at the sign shop and will probably be there a while. The shop is really busy....doing all of Prime Trucking's stuff. Like most sign shops everything today is vinyl. Luckly the fellow who owns the shop started pinstriping and lettering in the 60s. Many of the old race cars in southern Missouri were lettered by Charlie Furr. The car has it own special space in the shop. Charlie works on the project early in the morning before they get too busy.

I'm not up on posting photos here....but maybe we can impose on Dennis to post a photo when the car is lettered.

Hmmm...and everyone thought I was a Hemi man!!! Yes...I still have some Chevy stuff left!!