2018 HOLLEY NHRA Hot Rod Reunion Bowling Green 409 Shootout June 14-16

BRYAN FUGATE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
I would really like to do this! I have seat belts, I haven't put them in yet...I haven't raced anything since 1991, then only 1/8th miles, and only a few times. I would need a lot of coaching up and advice, but would really like to do it. Just to see what the car could do...
Let me know if you want on the list and I'll add you. We all work together we'll make sure you have a good time and the help you need

BRYAN FUGATE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Ok guys lets get a list going who's in. We had a great time last year and they want us back just hoping for a few more cars. Race is live on tv with lots of coverage and they even put us in the national dragster magazine last year. They even payout $125 if you win one round $500 for winner Dave Coots can elaborate on what they give the runnerup ( It has been this way the last two years). The top three will be on the flyer for next year. The top two go on the shirt for the next year as well ( A big thanks to Mark Steele for making the shirts)

1 Lonnie and Scott Hall 1962 Impala
2 Bryan Fugate 1963 Impala
3 Martin Keys 1962 Belair
4 Ricky Inghram 1961 Biscayne
5 Kevin Wilson 1963 Impala
6 James and Tom 1962 Biscayne
7 Dave Coots The Crusher 1964 Impala
8 Mark and Mike Steele 1962 Biscayne
9 Wes Wesolowski 1963 Ragamuffin probable
10 Red Williams 1963 Biscayne
11 Ryan Vandillen 1955 Thunderbird
12 Dick MacKenzie 1962 Belair
13 Brian lambert 1932 Bantam
14 Shan quickshift 1962 Biscayne
15 Joel Czopek Awsumcars 1962 Biscayne
16 Ray Fatride 1960 Impala as long as he don’t shoot it
17 Plumcrazy ?
18 Charlie and Jerry Kuenster 1959 Chevrolet
19 Barry Taylor Car unknown
20 David Horvat 1962 Biscayne Code Red
21 Lou Savio 1962 Belair Prehistoric Rat
22 Roger Robinson 1962 Nova
23 Randy Kirker 1931 Ford Maybe
24 Ray Whitney 1962 Chevy Wagon
25 Sean and Jan Byrne 1962 Impala SS
26 Rob Walden car to be announced

26176012_10214178069222831_1613799038_n.jpg

Last edited:

Mark Steele

Well Known Member
Hi everyone. It is time for the Bowling Green 2018 T-Shirts. Sizes are S, M, L, XL, XXL, XXXL in men's sizes. If you need larger sizes, just ask me and most often, I can get them. The prices are not firm at this time, but they probably won't exceed $15 each. I'll do my best and the total quantity determines into the pricing structure. So please send me your NAME, Email or PHONE NUMBER, and ADDRESS. This year I probabably won't order as many extras as I did last year. PLACE YOUR ORDER offline to me. Thanks a lot. It's great to be getting ready for Bowling Green. Mark

sp6t1348

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Bryan,

I would like to give it a go! I have never been to Bowling Green, my wife wants to go. So I am in! I really appreciate the esprit de corps here. I guess I am going to need to make some minor changes to put her on the track; seat belts, tires, third member (3.55). Look forward to it! It will be Sean and Jan Byrne. 62 SS 409/425 (63 motor) 4 speed.

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
While your at it,make sure that you have a catch can for the radiator,a legal helment,and a drive shaft loop on the front section of the drive shaft if you're going to run slicks,or drag radials.They might not check on the loop.but the rules say that you must have one,so don't get caught.It'd be a shame to come all that way,and not get to play.

Rickys61

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I would really like to do this! I have seat belts, I haven't put them in yet...I haven't raced anything since 1991, then only 1/8th miles, and only a few times. I would need a lot of coaching up and advice, but would really like to do it. Just to see what the car could do...
It will be good to meet you and see your car.... I guarantee you will have a blast....:drive

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
While your at it,make sure that you have a catch can for the radiator,a legal helment,and a drive shaft loop on the front section of the drive shaft if you're going to run slicks,or drag radials.They might not check on the loop.but the rules say that you must have one,so don't get caught.It'd be a shame to come all that way,and not get to play.
Hmmm, years ago they gave the X frame cars a pass on the driveshaft loop because the shaft would be supported by the X frame itself. I don't have one and has never been checked. What has changed Don?

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
I think technically they should have one.
The rule book states 6 inches maximum front u-joint center line. :read
Running a 350TH there is more than 6 inches before the x frame closes around the drive shaft. I think this would be the same for a 4 speed or a glide.
I put one in just to cover any doubt.:cool:

sp6t1348

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Thanks Ricky, same here. For me this will be like going to an airshow and watching the Blue Angels and the Thunderbirds!!

sp6t1348

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Ok, so Drive shaft loop, seat belts, helmet, battery is in trunk, so I will have to put the disconnect outside the trunk (cheapo anti theft and battery saver), 3.55:1 p case will have to be replaced with something taller. Of course I sold the original 4.11:1 I had. I have another 3 series P case, 3.08. Anybody make anything taller than a 3.70 for them. She has the correct T-10 in her. My Dad's buddy is a retired auto mechanic and one of the best, took me to a shop who has been around for 70 years. He returned the gear box with all the old componenets he replaced and took the time to explain each of them to me and why they wore out. I rebuilt my 3.55 on my old jig in the shop. I have really good axles in it, rear, suspension and brakes has been gone through. What about tires? She has a vintage pair of Stahl Headers; competition ones. Engine is broken in but still under 1000 miles. I run VP 110 in it because it is a real 425 horser and I am the curator! All help appreciated. I won't be a nuisance or a threat to any of the field thats for damn sure!!

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Hey Guys I just booked my room at RED ROOF INN, (270) 781-6550 they still had a couple of rooms left but I don't think they will last long