My new box

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
That's awesome. Great color too. It sure is nice to have lots of space to keep stuff out of sight. My problem is finding things in mine, but it's getting better after 9 months. Do you have the soft close drawers?

R63ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
We don’t have the soft close drawers.The power drawer is a huge space saver.The funny
thing is,we thought we would have all kinds of space for the future.After cleaning out our old box into the new,we only have a few drawers that are empty.

R63ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Lol,that’s a photo I pulled off the internet but we aren’t far behind.What is nice is all the cordless stuff was in a drawer stacked on top of each other.It is way more organized with the tools in a rack.Also all our chargers were on top of the box.Now it is all in one drawer.

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I didn't think I would add another tool box to the shop, but I got one for Christmas. The only box that I could find to fit on the Craftsman bottom I had was another Craftsman. Boy have they gotten flimsy. I think I woild have rather gotten one from Harbor Freight, but they don't carry the correct size. But I'll take and put it to good use. It even has a power strip with two USB ports.IMG_20191225_151554.jpg

Greg Reimer

Well Known Member
20 or so years ago, the Snap Tool guy at work had a sale.Big tool boxes. Well, I bought a large roll away bottom box. Everything I had about half filled it up, he gave me $100 for my Craftsman bottom box, I made payments of $100.00 a week, then a few months later, the matching top box came up for sale, so I grabbed it. Now, both the correct top and bottom box are as tall as I am. I told others that you aren't serious if your box isn't as tall as you are. A few months later, the side box came up for sale as well, so I grabbed one and hung it on the side of the bottom box. It was amazing how fast those drawers got full of tools. A short time later, I acquired another roll away that exactly matched the first one and took it home. I figured that since I had a pretty decent tool set for work, I needed duplicates of everything for home so I wouldn't have to bring tools home if I needed to do a job there as well. Another sale resulted in a side by side 2 row bottom box that went next to the other top and bottom, then an Ebay ad resulted in another side box available locally for a great price, so it joined the fray. Also, I got a 50 percent off on a puller cabinet with the lockable glass doors on the front, so I absolutely had to collect the complete puller set to correctly fill it up. Some people thought that when I retired I would go into business, but that isn't about to happen at all. When I did retire, I cleaned out that whole wall of the garage between my Liberty safe and the rear wall of the garage, and when I put the two roll aways there with the side boxes and the 2 row box, I had less than a half an inch left over. The place looks like its made for all that stuff, and its nice knowing I have whatever I need in one of those boxes. My place is situated so that the garage is in the rear, there is a 70 Monte Carlo and a 68 Chevelle wagon in the garage, in front of that is a 20 foot Haulmark enclosed trailer with another 68 Chevelle in it, diagonally parked in front of that is my 90 Suburban 2500 tow vehicle. All of it fits behind a 6' gate between the house and a block wall. The reason for the gate was so that nobody driving by would know if I'm out back working or not, that cuts out the problem of persons coming over and asking if I don't mind stopping what I'm doing and looking at their car or truck. Too bad you have to be that way, but all of us know that we need to always be security conscious. Another thing about Snap On, they always have sales on different things, so look at what they are having a special on and grab it. You can save thousands of dollars a decade in a 40 year career of fixing cars that way.

Last edited:

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I did the same thing sort of. I took my box home from work when I picked up my triple with matching hutch. Then I decided I was not working on things for a living anymore and eventually wanted the space more than an extra box at home, so I sold it. Any way, what I really wanted to say is, I want to see pictures of that 70 Monte Carlo. Don't make me come down there and walk around the block wall and have to ask if you don't mind me stopping by and looking at your car :D

Greg Reimer

Well Known Member
Do you remember Doug Marion's Project Econo Performer? Cranberry red, black vinyl top, 350.350 trans, etc? This one looks just like it. Actually, it's a 71, but I turned it into a '70 because I wanted to. There were several small details to tend to, a lot of small items to find, it still has the black 71 interior panels, has a set of Weld Drag Stars on it, skinny fronts, 9" Hoosier slicks on the rear, and it's a good little bracket car that can run Stock Eliminator pretty easily. I need to roll it out, wash it and take some pix and post them. You might get a kick out of it.

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Cannot remember which Liberty Safe I purchased. I will say this though. I wish I had put it in the garage :doh I had them put it in one of the bedrooms and there it has sat for about 23 years. Cant move it. Got rid of most of the stuff in it. I would probably have to pay someone to take it. I probably would not feel like I do if it was in the garage though. So maybe Greg has given me an idea :scratch

Greg Reimer

Well Known Member
I did the same thing sort of. I took my box home from work when I picked up my triple with matching hutch. Then I decided I was not working on things for a living anymore and eventually wanted the space more than an extra box at home, so I sold it. Any way, what I really wanted to say is, I want to see pictures of that 70 Monte Carlo. Don't make me come down there and walk around the block wall and have to ask if you don't mind me stopping by and looking at your car :D
You would be welcome, especially aren't you an Oregonian,as well? Lots of nice places around here to do lunch and dinner.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
20 or so years ago, the Snap Tool guy at work had a sale.Big tool boxes. Well, I bought a large roll away bottom box. Everything I had about half filled it up, he gave me $100 for my Craftsman bottom box, I made payments of $100.00 a week, then a few months later, the matching top box came up for sale, so I grabbed it. Now, both the correct top and bottom box are as tall as I am. I told others that you aren't serious if your box isn't as tall as you are. A few months later, the side box came up for sale as well, so I grabbed one and hung it on the side of the bottom box. It was amazing how fast those drawers got full of tools. A short time later, I acquired another roll away that exactly matched the first one and took it home. I figured that since I had a pretty decent tool set for work, I needed duplicates of everything for home so I wouldn't have to bring tools home if I needed to do a job there as well. Another sale resulted in a side by side 2 row bottom box that went next to the other top and bottom, then an Ebay ad resulted in another side box available locally for a great price, so it joined the fray. Also, I got a 50 percent off on a puller cabinet with the lockable glass doors on the front, so I absolutely had to collect the complete puller set to correctly fill it up. Some people thought that when I retired I would go into business, but that isn't about to happen at all. When I did retire, I cleaned out that whole wall of the garage between my Liberty safe and the rear wall of the garage, and when I put the two roll aways there with the side boxes and the 2 row box, I had less than a half an inch left over. The place looks like its made for all that stuff, and its nice knowing I have whatever I need in one of those boxes. My place is situated so that the garage is in the rear, there is a 70 Monte Carlo and a 68 Chevelle wagon in the garage, in front of that is a 20 foot Haulmark enclosed trailer with another 68 Chevelle in it, diagonally parked in front of that is my 90 Suburban 2500 tow vehicle. All of it fits behind a 6' gate between the house and a block wall. The reason for the gate was so that nobody driving by would know if I'm out back working or not, that cuts out the problem of persons coming over and asking if I don't mind stopping what I'm doing and looking at their car or truck. Too bad you have to be that way, but all of us know that we need to always be security conscious. Another thing about Snap On, they always have sales on different things, so look at what they are having a special on and grab it. You can save thousands of dollars a decade in a 40 year career of fixing cars that way.
I think you need one of these too for the house to put your jewelry in .:Ds-l400 (3).jpg