Danchuk 008 1955-1957 Chevy Steering Column upper Bushing Bearing Kit

denson1932

Well Known Member
Whats the deal with this bearing also fits 1958-59-60-61-62....I take it out of the package and stick my finger in the race and turn it...feels like the bearings are pebbles instead of precision ball bearings....seems a recall is in order before someone is killed due to a rough bearing causing an accident...oh, never mind i see on the updated description on danchuk website:
We have improved this part by adding more bearing surface, giving it longer life.
so they are off the hook, right?

ragtp66

Well Known Member
Whats the deal with this bearing also fits 1958-59-60-61-62....I take it out of the package and stick my finger in the race and turn it...feels like the bearings are pebbles instead of precision ball bearings....seems a recall is in order before someone is killed due to a rough bearing causing an accident...oh, never mind i see on the updated description on danchuk website:
We have improved this part by adding more bearing surface, giving it longer life.
so they are off the hook, right?

Whether it is Danchuck or anyone else selling reproduction parts I highly doubt that there are 10 different companies making these items I am guessing it is probably ONE company putting them into 10 different vendors boxes. NOS is still a 50+ year old part so there is no guarantee that will be the perfect answer either. I might suggest to try packing the bearing with something like white lithium grease same as you would a wheel bearing I can't see why it would hurt anything.

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
I used Danchuck Manufacturing exclusively when i did up our 56 Belair
They were brilliant to deal with and i never lost anything in freight either from the USA to here in NZ
Ordered a front sheetmetal fastener kit from them on a tuesday morning and it was on my doorstep on saturday morning that same week
Freight was as much as the parts cost
Dont have NOS anything over here so repro or ebay is all we got

Steve

Junky

Well Known Member
Now that a half year has gone by, are you satisfied with the part, or dissatisfied? thanks

denson1932

Well Known Member
They would not allow me to return defective parts for refund because over 30 days. They would not even trade (2) of the obsolete defective ones for (1) updated one. I believe i threw them away and will not order anything from them again. I finally found a good used original one in acceptable shape.