My New Project 1963 AC B1

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I'm taking a very short brake from my car projects after I finished the batch of air cleaners. Wish I had taken a couple "before" pictures, but I really was only going to rearing the engine. As with any project, one thing leads to another. Now I'm performing a "quick" restoration. Just had the paint mixed Friday and the decals came today. I'm waiting for the machine shop to get back to me about installing valve guides. This is a 1963 Allis Calmer B-1. It was my dad's cousin's. It was handed down to my dad then to me. Wouldn't mean much but I have a picture somewhere with me sitting on it when I was about 5 years old. Also have the original bill of sale too.So why not fix it up.20180728_092016.jpg20180728_091911.jpg

nana1962409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Nice project Jim I like them old Allis chalmers garden tractors. I have my Allis 716h that I cleaned up and repainted and rebuilt the engine on a few years back it was a fun project. I also converted mine to hydraulic lift instead of manual got all the factory parts from a donor mower.

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Nice project Jim I like them old Allis chalmers garden tractors. I have my Allis 716h that I cleaned up and repainted and rebuilt the engine on a few years back it was a fun project. I also converted mine to hydraulic lift instead of manual got all the factory parts from a donor mower.
Cool! I've got a 710 that I use as my everyday lawn mower / snowblower.

55Brodie

Well Known Member
I'm taking a very short brake from my car projects after I finished the batch of air cleaners. Wish I had taken a couple "before" pictures, but I really was only going to rearing the engine. As with any project, one thing leads to another. Now I'm performing a "quick" restoration. Just had the paint mixed Friday and the decals came today. I'm waiting for the machine shop to get back to me about installing valve guides. This is a 1963 Allis Calmer B-1. It was my dad's cousin's. It was handed down to my dad then to me. Wouldn't mean much but I have a picture somewhere with me sitting on it when I was about 5 years old. Also have the original bill of sale too.So why not fix it up.View attachment 63219View attachment 63220
Are you sure a 409 will fit?