Meltdown Drags July 20th - 22nd

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Fixed my problems finally! My lost hp was from the coil. Replaced the MSD blaster II with a late 80s early 90s Ford coil. Supposed to have more power and better compatibility with a cd ignition. I can say the car starts faster than it ever did with the msd coil and it was half the price! Ran a 10.54 and it was hot and super humid. Plus it's running rich after the carb modifications. With a little tuning and halfway decent air, I think 10.30s is within reach. And no more water in the oil. It was great to row the gears again. I'm hoping my demons are behind me as its been a rough couple of years.

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
Did you get a handle on the detonation issues that were causing the ring issues?What did you come up with.Dan?

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
First event of the year tomorrow for me and its a good one at RT 66 raceway. What happens tonight? Diaphragm on the fuel pump for the pressure regulator takes a crap and starts leaking.
WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Maybe I shouldn't say anything about Dan's luck..............but the heads Tom has (that Dan did) that I get the pleasure of playing with, has been trouble free, and the performance has improved, but the lower end had changed also, who knows where the help comes from. Sure it is from both. :good