A/S in 1964

4onthefloor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
IMHO it looks like you need to fill up your rear wheel well with a deeper dished wheel and wider tire with skinny front tires......front tires look like a wider track width than the rear......or maybe it’s the picture........:dunno
Rims are the same front and rear. 14x6. Fronts are 8.00x14. Rears have 14” Hurst cheater slicks.

It needs a 150 lb. City Of Chicago sewer lid on the trunk floor to give it that Carolina Squat!
Mark you got that right. Its sitting on its original coils amd it does sit a bit lower in back. More would be better. I may go down to the hood and steal one ! I have some 1” aluminum coil spring spacers for the front if I choose to do that

63409425HP

I can't tell if the exhaust is in the factory spot behind the rear tires on that 64. I was thinking about the Hurst tires on my car with 14x6. My exhaust is in factory location. Enough clearance for those tires with stock exhaust pipes or no?

Thanks

4onthefloor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Yep, same car for sure. I got the heads up about the car from my friend Dave Heilala over in Northville. Can't remember how Dave heard about it. There was also a 68-69 Nova parked with the 64.
Is your name Bob? I believe I've contacted you on Facebook in the past telling this same story on the car.
It's a great car, one of my "The one that got away" stories.

Tom didnt see this before . Yep thats my name. And yes I was told there was a Nova in there with it. Weird car. Wish it could talk. It was last licensed in 1968 for whatever reason. The woman owner on the title became a ward of the state. All her assets were sold. Last I checked she was still alive. I talked to the estate attorney for the state and they had no info on the car.

4onthefloor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Went to have portawalls installed. They squeezed out of that rim like turd. They wont work. So I either scrap the whole whitewall thing or pay Coker their blood money at 192 per tire. Not happening. I did have a fellow on the HAMB do some photoshop for me and Im not crazy about it. But I did my own little spray bomb on his work and still on the fence227CD8C6-563F-4B77-8EFA-B0F9F3F02C1E.jpeg1E8067B3-F2D9-4ADA-B5F0-C12341BB5613.jpeg4E6EB0F5-C817-4862-AFDD-B2062775B749.jpeg

Last edited:

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
To me,hey look better with all blackwall,or all white,but then again,that's just me.Many of these cars came with whitewalls,but the "racing"tires were the most part blackwalls.Why by 4 tires so they all match when for their use two was all that's needed?

4onthefloor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I have some aluminum spacers to put under the fronts to get a bit more air. Dont want to swap,springs. The original springbtags are still on them. REAL reverse chrome wheels are tough to find and not cheap anymore. Going to scrap,the whitewalls for now and use the old Dragmasters up front . Gonna drop the rear a bit too. 10 + years with the car so a bit bored with it.