61 biscayne build

Dean's 61 bubble

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
needing MUCH advice with current problem.. Tried to replace pilot bushing (Trans) with a needle bearing bushing and it is too large for the 409 truck crank which measures approx. 1.061 in the end of the crank (pulled out a funky looking steel bushing with a bronze shim inside it that measured approx. 1.062) and the O.D. in the new bushing is approx. 1.095. What gives i thought all bushings would be the same size, oil light and otherwise....any one ran into this problem...any solutions?? thought about just getting a new oil light bushing and turning it down....help!

Dean's 61 bubble

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Pilot bushing problem solved. A little more clean-up work underneath, finish fuel line and then ready to install drive train, note low mount alt. so only see engine when hood is opened.

Attachments

• 20190114_153957.jpg
    20190114_153957.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 84
  • 20190114_154124.jpg
    20190114_154124.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 86

Dean's 61 bubble

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
well, bought a pair of Mark Wilson headers today for the Biscayne, hoping it will make my 380" motor run even better. So, down the road i probably will sell my 2&1/2" manifolds that i have had for years. Getting closer to engine install and looking forward to it. Best regards all.

Dean's 61 bubble

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Small update, the "cleanup" now involves a 5" patch on the trunk floor (bad trunk seal) i ran into and required bending a couple rows of the trunk pan ribs 5-6" long ...that was fun, so back to the clean and finish painting the underside (so much fun). Left for Lake Havasu today for 10 day visit, i'm so sick of snow, that i need away from it for a few days. Received my new 1&7/8 Mark Wilson headers..the tubing is stainless and heavy. Did not get them coated. Going to spray the inside with some Eastwood stuff (heat barrier) and just scotch brite the outside. I will paint the collectors and head mounts with hi temp paint. Pics of some updates will come in couple weeks

Dean's 61 bubble

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Hi Cecil, cut south off 40 hwy down to 10 hwy across thru Tuscon and up to 8 (to miss Phoenix traffic..sorry) and eventually back across 10 to Havasu. Worst trip of my life...drove a dust storm, then rain storm then snow storm (traffic at a crawl). This was on interstate 10 100 mi e. of Tuscon . Never thought the storm would make it that far south.LOL..not! In Lake Havasu at 6:30 (only sunny place in the state) after 14 hr. drive from eastern New Mexico. Needless to say, i was used up when i got here. Oh well, next 2 wks supposed to be in the 70's here and I'm staying for 11 days (yea) then back to Wichita to catch a swap meet with my bro Mar. 8th.

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
The worse winter roads I ever traveled were in El Paso...no snow equipment at all!

YEP! We flew into Kelly AFB in San Antonio taking some A.B.s going to Lackland one time. Flew in Saturday and they get about 8" of snow that night. They have NO snow removal equipment in that part of the country. We didn't leave until Tuesday. Lot of club time that weekend! :drunk

Last edited: