Fuel system progress.

plumcrazy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Looks dam "FINE"!

The last pic, the one with the fuel tank, the lines connect to two things. Are they both pumps because i noticed the handoff in your engine bay seems to be a filter on the pass side. Just trying to learn :>)

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
It looks like the red part is a pre filter,the black part is the pump,the left most line and fitting on the tank is a fuel return line.:love:love:appl:appl

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Looks dam "FINE"!

The last pic, the one with the fuel tank, the lines connect to two things. Are they both pumps because i noticed the handoff in your engine bay seems to be a filter on the pass side. Just trying to learn :>)
This is a Holly Quick Fuel bypass system. The two connections on the tank are -10 AN, one on the right is feed one on left is return. If you look close at the engine bay you can see at the end of the fuel log back by the bulk head there is a -10 return line connected to the fuel pressure regulator off the bottom. It's kinda lost in the plug wires. I decided on the bypass system because I drive this car on the street. The bypass system keeps the pump and fuel cool, no dead head/cavitation. I'm trying to get consistent mid 11.00 second passes out of a street car. I've been fairly successful over the years running high 11.00s low 12.00s on the street. I can tell you that my car is in the top three fastest cars in my hometown. Last year I was #2 after handing a 66 Chevelle 474 BB his ass in a street race. There is a 2002 Ford Mustang that is .02 quicker at the strip but I haven't street raced him yet.

plumcrazy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
This is a Holly Quick Fuel bypass system. The two connections on the tank are -10 AN, one on the right is feed one on left is return. If you look close at the engine bay you can see at the end of the fuel log back by the bulk head there is a -10 return line connected to the fuel pressure regulator off the bottom. It's kinda lost in the plug wires. I decided on the bypass system because I drive this car on the street. The bypass system keeps the pump and fuel cool, no dead head/cavitation. I'm trying to get consistent mid 11.00 second passes out of a street car. I've been fairly successful over the years running high 11.00s low 12.00s on the street. I can tell you that my car is in the top three fastest cars in my hometown. Last year I was #2 after handing a 66 Chevelle 474 BB his ass in a street race. There is a 2002 Ford Mustang that is .02 quicker at the strip but I haven't street raced him yet.

Man, someone pulls up behind that beautiful a$$ and sees those slicks better bring it, HA!! Super smart setup, sounds like we need some video!!! Remember, it didnt happen without pics or vids, ha!

Might be a silly question but does that system have different fuel pressure requirements?

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Man, someone pulls up behind that beautiful a$$ and sees those slicks better bring it, HA!! Super smart setup, sounds like we need some video!!! Remember, it didnt happen without pics or vids, ha!

Might be a silly question but does that system have different fuel pressure requirements?
Pre set from factory @ 7 psi.