Don's gone Crazy Stroker, 1966 C-10

plumcrazy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Yes, please post pics!! Love seeing bikes,
Mine is a 47 EL also. Sn 126xx Chuck from Kick Start MC Parts says it's the latest number he's seen.

Ours is 47EL45XX so it sounds like a middle run bike... Heres a few random pics of the restoration. We did restore this one, bought it from a guy that built it to bring to shows . He won the first show he entered (see the pic) in out of a couple hundred bikes, so you can understand his sadness when i told him its now retired from shows and back on the road where it belongs :>).. Took a long time to get it running right after the rebuild, linkage had it starting in second, etc....

Not too into shows ourselves, of all the toys we have I've only entered one and honestly felt out of place. Its weird, I really like going to see peoples work, talk up how well they've done, but feel out of place when people look at our things. I guess i'm a little weird, so, we drive them, constantly....

With the knuck, i wear an ATV helmet, jeanne too, and we just drive. People look in complete shock, especially when we have to use hand signals, no blinkers back in the day... The "true" guys, like this group, the ones that know what it means really really appreciate its out in the wild...

POST PICS, love to see what you guys are hiding, and if your toys need a home for a bit, let me know :>)....Ill post some more videos of us riding...

IMG_20171007_130900613.jpg
IMG_20171005_113210079.jpg

IMG_20171001_150411829.jpg

IMG_20170907_154358374.jpg

IMG_20170907_152139499.jpg

hd11 (1).jpg

hd10 (1).jpg

hd8 (1).jpg

Attachments

• hd10 (1).jpg
    hd10 (1).jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 1

plumcrazy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Betsy update!

So yesterday we got betsy fired up, (thanks Don!).. Took a bit to get the timing set to fire it properly, was alittle too retarded to begin with but she didnt make any bad noises like, kurt you dropped in a bolt) sounds, wheew! Maybe its me, but i take my time, cover all the ports, but still, the night before sit looking at the ceiling and sweating i dropped in something, weird...

( Funny story.. (should have taped it) I had jeanne in the car to turn the key while i would deal with throttle and timing. Timing light was ready and had her turn the key and fire it.. Betsy caught but was choking a but so i grabbed the dizzy to advance it a bit and POW!!!!!! Like, POW POW!!!! I got hit so hard (MSD BOX) that it stalled the car, ha! I felt both hands completely loose control instantly... I wear dish gloves but in this case, no help... WOW! Ill check for the leak the next time we run it, might have been a loose wire, but it reminded me of when i was a kid and was with a friend at his farm. We were pee'ing and swinging back and forth to an electric cattle fence till i got popped. I didnt get popped in the peter, it was a piece of grass that was tall and touching my butt, and that hit so hard i jumped forward into the fence only to finish pee-in on myself, hahahaha. Hey, what else do you do when your 10?)

The one issue we have left, i replaced the fuel pump with a high flow 110gph and its pushing too much pressure... Below is a pic of a regulator i just bought on jegs with a head mounting bracket. Could not find a 1450 eddy style regulator mounting plate... Once these come in, hopefully we can tune it to 6.8psi and run it! The gauge had it showing 15!!

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    30.8 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

plumcrazy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Truck update!

Still having a bit of start-up issues with the starter... It skips a bit when cold starting so later today ill put it up on the quick jacks and see if the bolts came loose. At the moment, i dont have any shim in place and set the bolts to 35ft lbs... I also have timing set to 20* at startup, does that all sound correct?

I need to make a couple changes to the tune also, in startup, i just added a pre-squirt feature. It seems on cold crank, i need to feather the throttle to get it to catch. Once it does were set, so a pre-squirt im thinking will be good for the style intake.. Ill report back and let you know...

Other than that, its fast, and i mean it hauls-ASSSSSSSSS.. We pulled third to about 5500 and felt like we were just needed the right angle to leave the planet, ha! Im fixing now the microphones so i can capture the sound and will tape the drives.. .Its just nutz sounding!

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
Not taking any sides, in this discussion, but it appears, the person riding the bicycle has a sneaker on one foot, and a shoe on the other.:doh:dunno:teehee

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Oh Skippper......make the picture bigger and you can see the toe of my left foot in front of the frame!!!!!!!
Of all people Skip..........