Don's gone Crazy Stroker, 1966 C-10

plumcrazy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Steering column issue!

In Betsy, 62, we have a very weird issue where the steering wheel pulls in and out by a couple inches. We tried to use the manual to see what possibly could be a miss, but cant seem to figure out whats happening... Can you guys take a look at this quick video and let us know what we should do??

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Steering column issue!

In Betsy, 62, we have a very weird issue where the steering wheel pulls in and out by a couple inches. We tried to use the manual to see what possibly could be a miss, but cant seem to figure out whats happening... Can you guys take a look at this quick video and let us know what we should do??

Spring missing ,look in your manual .

plumcrazy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Thanks 55brodie!! I found the section and will follow the instructions tomorrow!!

Quick update on the fuel..

Got in the new fuel regulator and installed it as close as i could to the rail. Seems super steady, do you think i still need a bracket or run-it? Raining bad here so will fire her off as soon as I can to chase drips...
20190426_170019.jpg

20190426_165927.jpg

20190426_151655.jpg

20190426_151648.jpg
20190426_143658.jpg

Last edited:

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
I would feel better if it was.
Something like an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
On the fuel regulator that is.

plumcrazy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Chasing that sucker at the moment, but I may have something in the column a mess also. It has in the past been hard to find a spot in neutral to start.. I've had to do the up in park and back and forth a few times.

20190427_090309_001.jpg

plumcrazy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Boom, thanks guys!! Steering column fixed thanks to you guys, didnt realize that clamp acted as a jamb nut...Heres a quick video showing it rock solid...

Hope it stops raining soon, desperate to set timing and give her a go....

Truck, same there, need the rain to stop. Moving to that now and finishing up the tuning and checking plugs...

plumcrazy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Hey hey hey boys, need some expertise!!!

Went to get inspection stickers for the Healey, truck and betsy today and noticed when i got home with Betsy she was overflowing fuel from the fuel pump! I have the regulator set for 6.8psi, but guessing this isnt from that. Do i have a faulty new pump???

(this is 10000% Don's fault!!! We were on the phone and somehow the conversation came up with me saying i didn't like taking the pump off because its a pain in the a%$@. From that moment of jinx, ive taken it on and off 12373649826236 times)

Last edited:

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Don....... Please don't use my name on the same line as the word fuel! I can get very EXPLOSIVE when you do this!!! Also, the last time that I was involved with a bad diaphragm, it cost me $300 to pay the doctor to fix it. He told the misses "I must have knocked it up out of place". :crazy
I don't think a 2 inch dipstick will knock any thing out of place!!!:D

plumcrazy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Well, can't tell if I'm a lucky or unlucky bastard because the swap went super smooth and easy easy. It took all of 20 min, and now Iknow, the last 10000000 times, I replaced it with the cam in the push position, ha!!

Every other time I had to fight till muscle failure to hold that sucker enoght to get a single thread to bite. This time,Haha, had an inch to spare!

Letting it dry, I used permetex and seem to have good luck when I give it a bit before firing...

I think the oils clean,
Y'all agree not to change?

Fingers crossed..

20190509_122427.jpg

20190509_150040.jpg

20190509_150047.jpg
20190509_150226.jpg

Attachments

• 20190509_122424.jpg
    20190509_122424.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 8
Last edited: