Anyone know a good engine guy for my 348, near Columbus, Ohio.

Dave Adams

Can't do it on my own, it runs sounds ok, a lot of bugs to work out, no power.
Need some advice for the front end as well, hard to keep on the road at 70mph.

Mearl

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
You might not really need to drive very fast. As most of these guys will tell you, these cars are all about posing; nobody drives them fast.;)
Welcome to the site, along with what Don said about Scott, he's also a great guy.

427John

Well Known Member
Could be,I know that casting # was used on double notch truck blocks too got 1 in my scrap pile.The only way to tell without pulling the heads is the suffix code,it looks like your date code is an early-mid 61 model year,not sure when they went from the double notch to the single notch on the 348 truck blocks but it was somewhere in that time frame.But if your suffix code indicates pass car though your home free.

Dave Adams

Ok guys, again thanks for all your help, trying not to sound stupid, I have a suffix # T0307TF, does the T mean it's a truck block? If so can I get a recommendation on stroking it out or am I screwed?

Dave Adams

Gotcha, I've been trying to find you, Don says your from Ohio, my 348 bent a lifter, it suposedly has a ( Thumper Cam ) , I'm trying to find out if it's a truck motor and getting prices on having it rebuilt, I'm pretty sure the guy who had it before me was totally lost, I can just admit it.

scott hall

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
A bent lifter? Or a pushrod. If you find someone up that way make sure they understand the w block. If not it’ll cost a hell of a lot more when they screw it up. What are you looking to have done. A freshening up or a good strong stroker or somewhere in between.

Last edited: