Can anybody identify what brand 409 header this is?

427John

Well Known Member
The old school header manufacturers all offered headers in configurations that they no longer offer,it was all about demand if it sold good it stuck around if not it didn't,unfortunately W's probably don't qualify as good sellers.The midway flange is reminiscent of early headman's and (gasp) whoever GM and Mopar used for their mystery motor and track hemi exhaust headers.Whoesever they are they're cool as shit,that flange gives them old school look.

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
Do you have both[a set] headers? If so they'll make a really cool look to your car and they look big enough for between a 550-600 hp street/strip engine.

Old buddy

No sir, I sure dont. Im looking for a set with 1 7/8" to 2" primaries with 3.5" collectors. Not real hell bent on fenderwell headers...be on a street/serious strip car. Jardine used to make stepped tri-y headers that were 1 7/8" primaries stepped to 2" primaries with 3 1/2" collectors. Be nice to find a good set for sale at the upcoming 409 meet at Dragway 42

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
No sir, I sure dont. Im looking for a set with 1 7/8" to 2" primaries with 3.5" collectors. Not real hell bent on fenderwell headers...be on a street/serious strip car. Jardine used to make stepped tri-y headers that were 1 7/8" primaries stepped to 2" primaries with 3 1/2" collectors. Be nice to find a good set for sale at the upcoming 409 meet at Dragway 42

Jared Jardine used to sell his headers through Show Cars Automotive.....You might want to try to contact them to see if they have any left sitting on the shelf

chevytaylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
This might be of some interest.:dunno I have a new pair of the 2" Wilson headers which are a great looking piece and I'm sure would work well. I stuck with my newer design 1 7/8" stepped to 2" Stahls for the time being due to Carl McQuillen using Brian LaBombards older 2" Stahls on the dyno. The engine made 734hp @ 6300rpm on the dyno with the 2" Stahls, It's duplicating arround about same hp on the drag strip with the 1 7/8" stepped to 2" Stahls.