I Really Must Be Cowl Induction Crazy.

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
It's about time I had one of these for myself, I suppose. So, I jumped right in and cut a hole in the firewall. Point of no return now.:D20190809_152126.jpgThen I cleared all of the clutter off of the air cleaner and realized I never finished it. Gotta weld on a breather tube and the snorkel supports. And make a rubber boot and it'll be good to go.

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Some people have a lot of time on their hands. :waiting1: :laugh4
Vacation this week and I have so many projects to work on and didn't get much of anything done. Several mornings this week I had to help my wife next door at the ceramic shop and pour some of the heavier molds, worked one day on air cleaners, another day on the 62 and today a bunch of little projects. Tomorrow is 4H auction day at the fair, my wife helps out with the buyer's barbecue and my daughter and I hang out at the auction for the day. Hopefully my daughter won't buy anything.

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
For the auction, the 4H has a free lunch for all of the registered bidders. The lunch consists of sandwiches with beef, pork, lamb and goat. It's all donated roasts slow cooked on charcoal grills. Some of the best tasting tender meat I've ever had. It's all very good, but I prefer the beef as the others have too much fat. I really look forward to that meal! All of the animals are being sold for meat, some end up as pets or for breeding. The auction brought in approximately $400,000.00 for the kids this year. Can't remember how that compares to other years, may be downs little.

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Jim, I had a Quebec mechoui once, in an area called The Beauce. It’s a big party with bbq lamb over a maple fire. They cooked 2 spring lamb in early September using a double spit with dried maple hardwood. Totally the best lamb ever with no fat. It’s an art to do and a big thing in Quebec.