Rock n Race 2019 348/409 class

409envy

Well Known Member
Ugly, safety tabs were never secured over the bolts, one finger tight.:furious:furious:bang:bang:bang
Not happy.
But, engine is out and tear down next week.

Looks like one valve touched a piston. Does not look like a problem. Will see when apart.

Thanks for all the “pushing power” at 42!!
View attachment 74171

View attachment 74172

View attachment 74173
Ughhh!! So sorry to hear that Pat. I hope that’s the worst of it. It’s always the same story, if you want it done right you have to do it your self. Trust but verify is my motto. Good luck with the rebuild and keep us posted.

jbschneeweis

Well Known Member
WOW. I feel yo pain. That is the same thing that happened to my engine on the last rebuild. Had to tear the engine completely down & rebuild. Not too much damage, just the items that were related to the timing gear etc. (cam, some valves, push rods & timing gear & chain). All back together now & seems to be running good. Went to Sage Raceway in Idaho Falls last weekend (1/8 mile track). Best time was 7.55 & 90 MPH. Corrected AD was 7300 feet so that is a pretty good time considering. Believe the engine to be a little faster than my previous build. Good luck on your rebuild.

Joel

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Well...in my opinion.....who ever did not bend those tabs......should be responsible for the repair costs!!!!

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
When Pat called to see if I could pull the car to Dragway42......I had one request.....Yes but I would like an official Pat Lobb Toyota of McKinney employee shirt. He obliged!!!! Those around Friday morning for the "reveal " saw me in costume!!!!! As I was all weekend.
20190901_175248.jpg20190901_175219.jpg20190901_175225.jpg
If Mr. Lobb continues these derogatory remarks about my driving.....I make have to use this shirt next time we have neighbors over for smores when I start the fire!!!

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
We went to the Rock n Race, left the car and trailer with Bryan, and drove to North Carolina for our family trip. Sat on the beach and relaxed. The cannonball run home was a killer though. We made within 5 hours of home before I needed a couple hours sleep. No motels had vacancy, so we all slept in the truck. Glad to be home in one piece with no mechanical troubles.