1962 Quarter Panels

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Has anyone used the SKU Brand quarters or their half quarters?
Any red flags?

Thanks James.

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Mike used a pair of "full" quarter repair panels on one of his cars. He got them from Cars I believe. They were the only panels available until the Dynacorn full quarters came out. The repair panel body lines were off a little and the wheel opening lips were rounded unlike the originals. Not sure if these are the same panels you're looking at.

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I picked up a pair of the Dynacorn quarter panels and they look very nice, but I have no idea how they fit yet. Their 63 and 64 quarters fit quite nice, so I'm thinking/hoping the 62 quarters fit just as nice. James from Hubbard's( might be James Hubbard ?) was telling me Dynacorn is just an importer, and they are not a manufacturer. So is there more than one company selling the same import quarter panel as their own????

bobs409

Administrator
I would never use 1/2 quarters again. I used them on my 72 Chevelle and it's a LOT of work dealing with a long straight weld seam. Also the quality of them sucked, not sure if the same quality goes into "patch" panels as full panels probably have.

I have used Dynacorn's full quarters on my 63 and they were a dream! :cloud

Impala_1962

I picked up a pair of the Dynacorn quarter panels and they look very nice, but I have no idea how they fit yet. Their 63 and 64 quarters fit quite nice, so I'm thinking/hoping the 62 quarters fit just as nice. James from Hubbard's( might be James Hubbard ?) was telling me Dynacorn is just an importer, and they are not a manufacturer. So is there more than one company selling the same import quarter panel as their own????
Have you found out any more about these quarters? Do they fit well? I purchased a pair of full quarters from Hubbard's about 6 months ago and they are still back ordered. I looked at classic Industries today and they have full quarters in stock and ready to ship with an online code for 30% off. I'm ready to try them but I worry about the quality. I called Classic Industries and they said they are imported and not from Dynacorn. From what you're saying, they may all be imported from the same place. ??? Going to need them pretty soon.

Attachments

• received_1187669841442172.jpeg
    received_1187669841442172.jpeg
    69.7 KB · Views: 22

62bubble

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
As Jim stated, I used the Q, panel skins that Tom is showing, on my Convertible. Had some problems with them fitting. The crease line running down the length of the panel was not sharp, but rounded. I had to run a length of masking tape down the entire crease after roughing is up so I could apply filler to create a sharp edge. Also, the edge of the crease on either the left or the right panel (can't remember which side) about six inches from the rear edge, curved downwards, so I had to get it straight. The gas filler door did not fit properly into the opening of the Q panel so I had to cut out the gas filler opening from the old panel and weld it to the new one. none of the edges were a sharp stamp, but rounded and had to be worked. The wheel well opening was also rounded and did not have the flat stamping as did the original. Lots of extra work!!!! The new full Dynacorn panels look original, and a lot less welding would need to be done to attach it to the body, as it gets welded right into the trunk weather strip channel. Good luck with your choice of panels....