Girls bike for Wristpin

wristpin

Well Known Member
If it runs and doesnt smoke oil id give $750. That would have to come apart. I would NOT want to take that POS out for a ride. Its too UGLY and it steers on the bottom rear of the tire.
You'd look pretty on it tho Marky

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
If it runs and doesnt smoke oil id give $750. That would have to come apart. I would NOT want to take that POS out for a ride. Its too UGLY and it steers on the bottom rear of the tire.
You'd look pretty on it tho Marky

You know I would but then there's Bob......Heeeey Bob we have a real deal for you.

Mark

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Girls bike huh. I have been known to hike my skirt up and ride one. :D I have a serious fondness for sportsters. Probably because I had a few when I was younger and could not afford much. I tend to really like the earlier ones, pre 70. Mid 60's best. My real issue with them is they are too small for me. Which is why I don't own any. That and a bad back from riding for a lifetime.

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Girls bike huh. I have been known to hike my skirt up and ride one. :D I have a serious fondness for sportsters. Probably because I had a few when I was younger and could not afford much. I tend to really like the earlier ones, pre 70. Mid 60's best. My real issue with them is they are too small for me. Which is why I don't own any. That and a bad back from riding for a lifetime.

I have a 1974 Audios Mother Fuzzer with about 1700 miles on it the Damn thing blew up on me at 1400 miles so when I had the motor out being rebuilt I went out and bought a 74 Triumph Trident and parked the AMF after about 300 miles. There's a clown on Facebook right now trying to sell a XLH Sportster he claims is a 900 but the motor looks to be a 73 1000.

Mark

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I have a 1974 Audios Mother Fuzzer with about 1700 miles on it the Damn thing blew up on me at 1400 miles so when I had the motor out being rebuilt I went out and bought a 74 Triumph Trident and parked the AMF after about 300 miles. There's a clown on Facebook right now trying to sell a XLH Sportster he claims is a 900 but the motor looks to be a 73 1000.

Mark
I know for a fact that a 1971 900 looks just like a 1972 1000 as I bought a brand new 1972 1000 and a good buddy of mine had a 1971 900. Not sure when the nose cone motor came out but I do know it was there in 1971 and 1972 was the first year for the 1000cc sportster, a 1973 Sportster looked the same.

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Well the chassis might have been a early XLH 900 but that motor sure wasn't a 900 this guy was trying to peddle.

Mark

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Well the chassis might have been a early XLH 900 but that motor sure wasn't a 900 this guy was trying to peddle.

Mark
The motor in that face book add could be a late 900 or a 1000, a 1971 900 motor looked exactly like the picture of that 1972 chopped sportster in the face book add

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Im pretty sure 1970 was the last year for a external distributor on a Sporty, the 1971 900 was the first year for the nose cone (no external distributor). All the side cases were exactly alike on 71 thru the mid to late seventies with 1971 being the only 900.

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
The bike has several 66 to 70 looking things on it, however the motor is not a 66 to 70 unless it has been converted on both sides ( the primary and the cam side ) The heads are also 71 and later. Remember prior to that year the rocker covers didn't have the dip in them, they were rounded. Had to edit this again. I also think the oil bag is wrong. It should be square.

Last edited:

wristpin

Well Known Member
Id build a sporty if i could find some aluminum Thunder bolt heads or Sputhe heads. Id have aluminum cylinders made so it could shed that killer heat. Also seal primary and trany from engine so oil isnt so contaminated easily

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Id build a sporty if i could find some aluminum Thunder bolt heads or Sputhe heads. Id have aluminum cylinders made so it could shed that killer heat. Also seal primary and trany from engine so oil isnt so contaminated easily
Oil is separated from the engine, tranny and primary share oil and engine is different.

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
That bike in the add looks like a Heinz 57 as it is made up of parts from many years from the mid 60's thru the mid 70's! The only thing that probably is 66 is the title and who knows if thats right.