Girls bike for Wristpin

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
We all usually agree that AMF had issues when it purchased Harley. However keep in mind that AMF led they way, with lots of help from Porsche I believe, in the development of the Evolution motor. That motor in no small way help bring back Harley when the guys bought it back. I went out and bought one of those new rice rocket engine bikes as some of my friends called it in 1985. New cam, air cleaner, pipes, and one of the earliest Screaming Eagle carbs ( ie a very large mouth, cheap Keihen ) and that bike screamed.

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I am seeing bikes so low that I am considering buying one and throwing it in the garage. At the prices I am seeing, especially back East, I can afford to purchase, ship, and if I don't ride it, give, throw it away, or sell it and not worry about the money. I am glad the prices have dropped. Even when I had a lot into one of my bikes I always felt no Harley was worth the money they are asking.

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Well this can happen when you flood the market with Harleys and people get strapped for cash. That one that was just sold for $1800 that was a steal if it wasn't a scam. I would think even with the bad bearings this motor might be worth taking a chance on with the fresh trans and the aftermarket engine cases.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2550324851730288/

Mark

Last edited:

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Being there is nothing I cannot fix on a Harley, I don't care if it needs bearings or anything else if the price is right.

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Well this can happen when you flood the market with Harleys and people get strapped for cash. That one that was just sold for $1800 that was a steel if it wasn't a scam. I would think even with the bad bearings this motor might be worth taking a chance on with the fresh trans and the aftermarket engine cases.

Mark
That guy with that red 62 all chromed up needs to buy that motor it matches his car!

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Well this can happen when you flood the market with Harleys and people get strapped for cash. That one that was just sold for $1800 that was a steel if it wasn't a scam. I would think even with the bad bearings this motor might be worth taking a chance on with the fresh trans and the aftermarket engine cases.

Mark
FLOOD, FLOOD, FLOOD. I hope the flood is biblical. So many people bought Harleys to profile, or because their buddies had one, or to look tough. Motorcycles, all motorcycles are for riding. Not an image, not for charity rides, etc. I purchased a 92 Fatboy back in early 93 with almost no miles, almost bone stock. The guy bought it because all his Highway Patrol buddies had one. I guess he realized it was a motorcycle and was for riding, so it sat. It would barely idle. He was making excuses for the bike with about 2k on it. I told him don't worry the bike is fine. He had put mufflers on it. Left the stock air cleaner and no jetting. The best part was at the time bike were going for crazy money or you had to wait. I got it for a great deal.

Last edited:

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Look what the Harley phenomena did ,there was a ton of cottage industries that sprang up making parts including all those tats that instantly turned you into a Badazz .:D

Mark

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
My buddies (that I been riding with for 48 years) and I refer to them as owners, there riders and owners. Example, an owner will trailer his bike to Sturges where a rider will ride to Sturges. Until you take a major trip on a bike your just an owner. I have taken motorcycle trips all over this country including into Mexico. There is nothing like taking a trip on a bike, it is an adventure and a lifetime memory!!