How many 2 door biscaynes had 348s?

Lara4228

My guess 335 hp :appl:appl:appl
The grapevine, who used to work on this car says the owner had ordered it to drag race only... fingers crossed.

The last known engine in it was a 396....now I am stumped ... Do I throw in there my spare 348 or rise it from the dead with a 396?

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Not sure of those 1960 cars, but in the ones I look at (1961/1962) the cowl tag is near your master cylinder on the firewall. Your VIN tag would likely be on the driver's side door jamb. Someone will correct me if they know that particular year Chevy :).

The cowl tag has the most info, it will have the words STYLE and PAINT followed by some numerics that tell you the colors, etc.

I'd go with the 348 but the suggestion of the BBC crank would really wake that W up :).

Cheers! TomK

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
These rubber floors had a colour fleck to match the interior too, grey, green, can’t remember what others. This one looks like it was grey.

Lara4228

I will definitely have to take a closer look at them when they got home. The 4 dr parts car was a nice mansion for a bunch of mice so my hopes are not too grand for that one but the other one might have lots of potential :pray

Carl 1962

Well Known Member
Roman red Biscayne 2 door sedan built 3rd week June 1960 in Flint MI with grey cloth/vinyl interior. Not sure about 1960 ACC codes.

Rickys61

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Finally got them home!!! But now I will need help with the cowl tag please? I am confused with the payment my code and acc code?

Here are some pics, bear with me, i took them just tonightView attachment 78121View attachment 78122View attachment 78123View attachment 78124View attachment 78125
That’s a great car... here’s a picture of my cowl tag on my ‘61... built the 4th week of June in Flint... has the same ACC codes as yours.... first time I’ve ever seen the W 8 together other than mine....
3C8C17CB-7277-4ECB-A4DF-86FB417AE778.jpeg