68 Caddy No ac radio delete.

Don Carvill

Well Known Member
This is a car my brother and I found and brought home. We were on the way to look at a mercury marauder. We saw the Caddy and bought that instead.
It was the most stripped down Cadillac I have seen. It did not have ac or a radio. I don't know if that is rare or not. My nephew has it now.

Attachments

• DSC00226.JPG
    DSC00226.JPG
    108.6 KB · Views: 61

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Around here, there are/were certain churches where the members used to order their cars without radios and luxury items. Not sure if that is still done or not. They also did not have TVs, etc.

wristpin

Well Known Member
Look really good with 23" spinner rims, a nice white felt landau top and green paint with gold metal flake.

Don Carvill

Well Known Member
I have pictures on the way.
My nephew is in his early 20's. I have not seen the car in a few years. I would bet there are taller tires and rims. I know he did have a 500 ci. motor built and he put it in. He was telling me the other night that he put a 2800 rpm stall converter on the transmission. He is going to go back to a less aggressive torque converter because it is not driving the way he would like. I told him he has turned the Caddy into a Chevelle.
It originally had a 472 that I think had around 375 horsepower. The car drove beautifully when he got it. It was original right down to the spark plug wires. When he got it from my brother, I was not in a position to save it. Every one has their own opinion of their perfect car, but it is only original once. At least I was able to convince him to keep the 472.

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
About the only differences between the 472 and the 500 was the crankshaft and the pistons.Fun fact;use the pistons for a 72 and later the 68-70 cylinder heads and you'll have about 12.5-1 compression.Both the 472 and 500 only weighed 55-60 lbs.more than an iron headed small block Chevy engine.