Gas pedal swap?

hfpjr76

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Thinking of swapping my gas pedal to a cable on my 63 pros or cons? Not to worried about kick down linkage since I’ll be swap my power glide for 700. Wanted to see what you guys have before I go dropping big coin on lokar stuff? Ty

bobs409

Administrator
Ugh, God no! I hate cables! In fact, I'm chasing a problem down with my 71 Chevy truck. I'm about to swap to linkage if my last attempt tomorrow doesn't work!!!

Unless your having some type of problem with the linkage, why change it?? Keep your 63 a 63. No need to modernize it.

hfpjr76

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Ugh, God no! I hate cables! In fact, I'm chasing a problem down with my 71 Chevy truck. I'm about to swap to linkage if my last attempt tomorrow doesn't work!!!

Unless your having some type of problem with the linkage, why change it?? Keep your 63 a 63. No need to modernize it.
Not really a problem but it’s very stiff which I really not like. Other then that it works good any thoughts on the stiffness?

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Do you have a stock intake and carburetor or is it at a different elevation changing the geometry of the stock linkage?

Carl 1962

Well Known Member
My pedal used to have a hard feel and long drives were very hard on my ankle and I used to get cramps so I changed the spring in my 62 to get a softer feel on the pedal. First time I drove it with the new lighter spring, I did little chirpies every time I took off. It's so nice now.

hfpjr76

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
My pedal used to have a hard feel and long drives were very hard on my ankle and I used to get cramps so I changed the spring in my 62 to get a softer feel on the pedal. First time I drove it with the new lighter spring, I did little chirpies every time I took off. It's so nice now.
I’ve change the spring it’s lite I’m probably just missing something on it. I’m going to go over the linkage again & try some lube :laugh4:laugh4

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
You'll be losing the kick down part of the linkage when you go to a 700R4 but will have a TV cable to the trans. The kickdown linkage is nothing to be proud of from cars I've had so maybe it'll improve then.

hfpjr76

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
You'll be losing the kick down part of the linkage when you go to a 700R4 but will have a TV cable to the trans. The kickdown linkage is nothing to be proud of from cars I've had so maybe it'll improve then.
I hear that! Not a fan of kickdown linkage either!!