My personal nightmare

hfpjr76

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
This build kinda reminds of my wife’s cousin who enlisted me to fix up his 70 chevelle. Which turned into a total restoration! The best part was he had zero car knowledge and when we start replacing 1/4’s and rockers he was bringing me pictures off the internet lol. He didn’t like the way good mark parts were fitting. To make a very long story short the car never saw daylight and ended up being sold. Which worked out great for me since I was the only one working on it!:angry2

wristpin

Well Known Member
This build kinda reminds of my wife’s cousin who enlisted me to fix up his 70 chevelle. Which turned into a total restoration! The best part was he had zero car knowledge and when we start replacing 1/4’s and rockers he was bringing me pictures off the internet lol. He didn’t like the way good mark parts were fitting. To make a very long story short the car never saw daylight and ended up being sold. Which worked out great for me since I was the only one working on it!:angry2
Like my neices 67 El Camino :bonk:bawl

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I have been out of working on bikes for awhile. I remember pans and shovels, but does any make a manifold for solex to go on EVO or TC :scratch

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
The last carburetor I rebuilt down at James was for my 69 Pro Street short bed C10. It was a Holley 3310 vacuum secondary, and I put a jet metering plate on the back side and blocked the power valve. Oh yeah and I almost forgot an 850 Quadrajet. You can always count on James to have fresh carburetor cleaner and plenty
Of air:crazy not to mention he has quite a library of repair manuals. Better than going to the local library for sure.:clap by the way Raymond another one of James's friends bought the carburetor from me. and said that was the best working Street carburetor he ever had. it came with the truck:wacko

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
We used to do that to each other at the farm implement dealership I worked at, throw an extra bolt in the pile or something that didn’t fit. You just had to Be aware that it could happen back to you!:facepalm The hardest time I got at James shop was when I was Primering my truck and I didn’t get enough red in the gray and it turned out pink! That took a few weeks to shake off:confused Ralph just sent me an email showing me that he is now building sprint cars, built one this winter instead of a 409 car. Oh and he built a stepside truck.82D86979-E125-46FF-82DA-79184B9CF3D0.jpeg