Big brother’s pride

Findafire

Supporting Member 1
Hello 09 and 348 enthusiasts, I’ve been caring for my Big Brothers car since he passed away in16. I’ve just been cleaning and firing it up then covering it almost with the hopes he’ll come back and not be pissed that I messed something up. That’s not true he never got mad. What kind of guy leaves his 62 corvette to his 17 year old brother when he goes to the Navy in 68? I was always a small block guy probably cause the parts were so readily available. Frank became smitten with 09’s when he bought one and stuffed it in his 59 Biscayne blues printed decked with an isky 505 c roller cam wow can’t believe I remembered all that! That engine swallowed a valve and you would think he would have his fill but noooo! He embarked on a mission of 409’s and 348’s. This car is a 63 SS Impala with a 409 4 speed. He was in the process of doing a 58 Brookside and ditteling with his 57 409 pickup. I’m going to be getting it road worthy and hopefully getting it to some local NE shows or cruises. I will be asking for some fine tuning and will appreciate any help in doing so. I ain’t a kid so some things bounce off old skulls please patient with old guy new kid! ThanksA3A312A4-935D-4540-B054-EC7117B6E2A4.jpeg

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Welcome, this site will take you for the ride of your life if you just ask the questions. And we always like pics, pics of all old hot rods and muscle cars. You definitely have a nice ride there. Good luck and hang on For the ride. When was that picture taken? Just curious.

R63ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Welcome to the 409 information super store.It is so cool when their is a family history tied to a car.I think the story behind them is half of the allure.Where in NE are you located,409’s are few and far between up here.We might see you at some of the shows.

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Hello 09 and 348 enthusiasts, I’ve been caring for my Big Brothers car since he passed away in16. I’ve just been cleaning and firing it up then covering it almost with the hopes he’ll come back and not be pissed that I messed something up. That’s not true he never got mad. What kind of guy leaves his 62 corvette to his 17 year old brother when he goes to the Navy in 68? I was always a small block guy probably cause the parts were so readily available. Frank became smitten with 09’s when he bought one and stuffed it in his 59 Biscayne blues printed decked with an isky 505 c roller cam wow can’t believe I remembered all that! That engine swallowed a valve and you would think he would have his fill but noooo! He embarked on a mission of 409’s and 348’s. This car is a 63 SS Impala with a 409 4 speed. He was in the process of doing a 58 Brookside and ditteling with his 57 409 pickup. I’m going to be getting it road worthy and hopefully getting it to some local NE shows or cruises. I will be asking for some fine tuning and will appreciate any help in doing so. I ain’t a kid so some things bounce off old skulls please patient with old guy new kid! ThanksView attachment 84685
I'm 43 and stuff bounces off my head daily (my kids toys normally) so don't worry we are pretty good as speaking loudly and poking people to wake up. :poke Not to mention there aren't many of us on here that don't have grey hairs filtering something we knew already. You are smart enough to poke your head in here and say you have something we all love 348-409's. Welcome! I live in DSM but make it over to see family in the Omaha area all of the time. Still have in mind to set up a 348-409 race over in your area with either Onawa Drag way or the I-29 dragway. Either way, even if you don't race these events are a great place to come see what the 348-409 family brings to the picnic.

Findafire

Supporting Member 1
Thanks for all the encouraging remarks gonna give it what for! Don’t know all the ins and outs of the quote thing and how it’s used in reply’s but have a daughter pretty savvy in computereze. @R63ss car is in Harpswell and was pained by a native son! Have been in this area since I was a fetus but lived and worked in NYC family camp still here but I have my own piece of paradise on 123. @Don Jacks was stationed at PAFB NH there used to be some great salvage yards back in the day one of my section chiefs has a body shop in York don’t know if he’s doing much work anymore just a super place!

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
My wife even considered for us to move up there!I'm from the south and my comments were "Hell no,the racing season's way too short and it gets too cold for too long in the winter."I do remember seeing a beautiful 63 Impala SS with 409 badges sitting in someones drive way in down town[?]York back in about 1990.