Fiberglass body panels

Barry Taylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
:yup I bought doors for my 62 and i dont know if they were pulled green or what but i had a lot of hours in them straightening out the window frames. Lots of slicing, dicing, and glassing.

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
I sent a set of fiberglass 1961 Chevrolet VFN front and rear lower valance panels to Sweden to a friend. I did not hear any complaints.

Barry Taylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Got a deck lid and a rear bumper from VFN yesterday and there ok. Haven’t checked the fit yet on the deck lid because right now I can’t aford to have it painted. The front end on this car is VFN and it looks great “now” I’ll post some pictures when i get a chance. Fiberglass parts are only as good as your molds and if you don’t work on them periodically they go to crap. Harwood performance has the best quality fiberglass out there. If your car is black all you have to do is mount the part and lightly buff it. Done! It’s a shame they don’t make parts for our cars.

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
Got a deck lid and a rear bumper from VFN yesterday and there ok. Haven’t checked the fit yet on the deck lid because right now I can’t aford to have it painted. The front end on this car is VFN and it looks great “now” I’ll post some pictures when i get a chance. Fiberglass parts are only as good as your molds and if you don’t work on them periodically they go to crap. Harwood performance has the best quality fiberglass out there. If your car is black all you have to do is mount the part and lightly buff it. Done! It’s a shame they don’t make parts for our cars.

Curious on the VFN fiberglass ....... any thoughts on fit and finish yet ..??

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Curious on the VFN fiberglass ....... any thoughts on fit and finish yet ..??
Back in post #9 there is a picture of my Nova with a VFN front end on it, on a scale of 1-10 the fit was an strong 8 and the finish was a 8. As with all fiberglass it depends on how good the mold is and all fiberglass has to have work done on the finish, all in all I was pleased with my VFN front end. The biggest part of installing my front end was getting it mocked up on the car so I could glue the hood to the front end as I made it a one piece tilt nose.

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
Thank you ......But I was talking specifically about the Decklid for the 63 .....as I was interested in getting one myself....... your tilt front front end was one piece correct ......????

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Thank you ......But I was talking specifically about the Decklid for the 63 .....as I was interested in getting one myself....... your tilt front front end was one piece correct ......????
It was one piece except for the hood, it was a separate piece. I thought you wanted some feed back on VFN's quality, not sure though on a 63 deck lid.

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
It was one piece except for the hood, it was a separate piece. I thought you wanted some feed back on VFN's quality, not sure though on a 63 deck lid.
No ........thank you......!!!!!........I did ask about quality also....... so your input makes a difference thank you....... so then do you just glass the hood to the fenders .......?????

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
Its in the storage building right now. I’m still behind on the car prep right now. They advertise weight at 18 lbs. I believe. It came in at 34 lbs. The underside is very nice. Looks like a steel deck lid.

Thank you Barry..!!!..... so obviously you bought the bolt on......?