the 61 under lock down

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
The car is looking great Steve:beer We are just coming out of lock down, slowly but surely:coffee. I know you aren't running Stahl's, but this is what IView attachment 81959View attachment 81958did with my exhaust for street/strip. I extended the 3 1/2" collectors with V clamps on the ends to unplug at the drags, reduced down to 3" X then down to 2 1/2" into large Flowmasters, works great, not to loud for the street either. :cheers

:appl:appl:appl:appl:appl:appl

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
As i was taking the rocker panels off anyhow i didnt get them blasted
Found one of the cross members had a lot of crap built up in it which turned out to be gravel and grit/dirt off the roads where ever it lived
Hole sawed a 40mm hole in the bottom of the brace to get it all out(4x coffee cups full)
20201003_144201_resized.jpg
Was going to send the dirt and gravel to Crusher to get it analysed so i knew where it came from:laugh4

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Building up the chassis at the moment
Have Johns axles (i think from Yellow wagon) still 17 spline but i dont think this will have enough hump to hurt them unless i regress to my younger
d1ckhead self at the lights.

20200919_122208_resized.jpg
Have Mikes brake kit in the front
20200919_144010_resized.jpg
Havent painted springs etc as i will get new ones made when i figure ride height etc

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Building up the chassis at the moment
Have Johns axles (i think from Yellow wagon) still 17 spline but i dont think this will have enough hump to hurt them unless i regress to my younger
d1ckhead self at the lights.

What's wrong with regressing to burning them off at the lights once in awhile? You should be more embarrassed if you don't :winner

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
What's wrong with regressing to burning them off at the lights once in awhile? You should be more embarrassed if you don't :winner
It will definitely get a bit of that, dont mind doing skids around here
Just have to avoid those blokes with the disco lights on their car roofs or you lose your car for 28 days for "sustained loss of traction"
And you have to pay $46.00/day that it is away to get it back

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
It will definitely get a bit of that, dont mind doing skids around here
Just have to avoid those blokes with the disco lights on their car roofs or you lose your car for 28 days for "sustained loss of traction"
And you have to pay $46.00/day that it is away to get it back

A small square box with a solenoid controlled door filled with roofing tacks tucked under the rear bumper solves that problem :brow

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Are you still working from home Steve? How's it going over there?
Hi Dave,

No we are clear of this thing again, they had an outbreak in Auckland (north Island) 8 weeks ago with about 30 cases but got them out of the community pretty quick and into managed isolation. We have a quarantine system here run by the military so when you come into NZ you are tested for covid and put in a hotel, tested again in 3 days, tested in 9 days time and let out at day 14 if you test negative again. within the country we just scan a QR code that all businesses have on their doors and that records dates and times so if there is an outbreak they can trace people that were int he same place around the same time so as to stop the spread in the community.
I dont like our government and have never liked our head idiot in parliament but the system works, im not worried about them knowing where i shopped on a particular day if it keeps Lynette and my family away from this thing as long as i can.
Donald Trump was wrong when he said it was all over for New Zealand, he had the wrong information, we had 30 odd cases pop back up in auckland from a person who decided that they didnt want to stay in isolation for 14 days. so that one idiot put the rest of the citizens at risk.

I really get the dislike for big brother and infringing on rights etc and detest our current gun laws and the state of our political system but
There comes a time when everyone actually needs to try work together to beat something like covid as this is an enemy of everyone, it has no friends
The idea of heard immunity is going out the window as well as this thing seems to change itself very quickly, we get the flu inoculation each year as Lynette is immune compromised and each year the flu changes. this thing changes itself weekly if not daily
It will be hard to beat

Rant over

Been fishing, hunting, building on the hut, working on the 61 and the 60, drinking beer and telling lies, all the normal things

How about you guys

Steve