Smoking bbq

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
The smoker is getting a work out coming up did 15lbs of beef and venison jerky and got a 26lb turkey in brine I will do in a few days.View attachment 88940

Lookin good Nate. I'm doing up a measly 6# of jerky tomorrow. How long do you brine your bird? Post a pick when it's done.

But you should have let your turkey grow up. Mary likes a farm raised fresh turkey so there's a 31#er in the fridge. Never cooked one in the smoker before. Going to brine it and put in smoker before I go to bed. 13 hours cooking time. The smokers sure make for moist meat. Good luck on your turkey.

nana1962409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Dave I am going for 2 days on this bird. I’m not really big into poultry but if it’s free I won’t say no. My cousin raises them and my friend butchers them and gets to keep a few so he has been giving me one the last few years. I cut this one up being the bucket I was gonna use has a hole in it.
I do share the jerky with some people. Mostly my venison supply person and the person that gave me his family recipe to use. Phil wristpin has my address so when you guys work out your travel arrangements come up!