How to destroy a piece of 348-409 Mickey Thompson Power Ram history one part at a time because you can.

chevytaylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Just for interest sake and depending on available time, I might be able to dyno the Power Ram of mine on my 540 soon. I'm going solid roller so will be at my engine guys shop for fitment and dyno tuning. I know it won't make anywhere near the power as CM's intake but could be really interesting:rub

Last edited:

region rat

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I can’t help but thinking there had to have been more than 50 of these made. Ive owned two in my days here on earth. I don’t think they would have even gotten there r&d and tooling money back with those numbers. :dunno
Especially knowing how expensive it was to develope a part like that and make the tooling. I've had 2 also and have seen at least a dozen, and I don't get out much. I have a friend with a new one in the bx it came in.

region rat

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Tom, i never put them on anything except the shelf. The last one i had i sold for mo motor money. Ronnie never got excited about it so i sold it. I think there something there. To me it’s just an odd shaped tunnel ram.
They were about 44 HP better than our stock, crappy inakes. not a bad increase. There's still a lot of guys out there that think they can buy a 100 HP bolt on mod.

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I'd like to see an 881 up against a M/T Power Ram and a McQuillen. Just how much better are each of them and where do they do the best. Easy to believe the 881 should do the best down low in the RPM's with the dual plane design but that isn't necessarily true.