Squirrels

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Squirrels,,, yes I said squirrels !!

I have one in my garage and it would come out !!:cuss
It will come right up to the open door and even come close to me but the dang thing would go outside !!

It will talk to me while I`m working out there also,,

Whats got me worried is today it poked it head out from the grill of the 62 !!:doh :takethat

Where`s Carl when you need him???:dunno

In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'

License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man, free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case my enemy is a varmint. And a varmint will never quit - ever. They're like the Viet Cong - Varmint Cong. So you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower. And that's all she wrote.

This is a hybrid. This is a cross, ah, of Bluegrass, Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent, and Northern California Sensemilia. The amazing stuff about this is, that you can play 36 holes on it in the afternoon, take it home and just get stoned to the bejeezus-belt that night on this stuff.

Oh Mrs. Crane, you're a little monkey woman. Yeah, you're lean, mean, and I bet you're not too far in between are ya. How'd you like to wrap your spikes around my...

I got to get into this dude's pelt and crawl around for a few days. Who's the gopher's ally. His friends. The harmless squirrel and the friendly rabbit

I smell varmint poontang. And the only good varmint poontang is dead varmint poontang, I think.

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
dq, I believe a few days ago you may remember the "birds" thread, in which you said, " You guys need to get a life!!" My birds could kick the crap at of your squirrel any day!! :roll :roll :roll You better get rid of the squirrel, he will eat wires from under the hood. Good hunting :cheers :cheers

51T409

Well Known Member
You guys need to get a bad *** CAT!!!!!!! after it gets rid of the critters ,just stand in front of the garage door and say"here kitty kitty and it will come out .... problem solved!!!!

bjburnout

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
You're right 51T409

Had all of the above problems once then a little white and tabby kitty
showed up one day............end of problem..........:D

Spot (yes we named her Spot) lived with and provided for us for over 18 years.
Here's her record...........:bow
Many squirrels, birds, even snakes and uncountable mice...........:bang
Half rabbits and even a few live ones, presumably for us.
While Spot was around none of the cars outside had rodent problems.....:cool:

She followed us when we would walk around the block and even layed
under the car while I had it up on stands..............:)

Cats are great at keeping the property free from pests, just make sure
you get a hungry female and your rodent problems will be over........:clap

:cheers
bj

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
BJ's right about the gender. Definitely get a female. We had two to keep rodents out of the horse barn, one male and one female. The little female did all the work and the male stole her trophies (my wife says all males are like that :roll ).

jester

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
hmmmmmm

Hay DQ, you been dippin into the Boone's Farm Apple again?:doh

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
DQ,
Aren't you being rather judgemental? I don't think PETA would approve of your attitude.:nono1:

MMMMMM......Fried squirrel is great. Ate alot of it when we lived in East Texas.:brow
:roll

tripowerguy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
If you guys and gals [ now that Valerie is part of this fabulous forum] remember that I had rodent problems last year. A friend had a black female cat called Midnight and she said she could not take the cat to Arizona. We got the cat and there are no mice or rats left within shoutin' distance of the house or shop. I keep a car cover over the 58 but she does walk on the family car. That is a small price to pay for for a rodent free place. :clap Roy

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
dq, I believe a few days ago you may remember the "birds" thread, in which you said, " You guys need to get a life!!" My birds could kick the crap at of your squirrel any day!! :roll :roll :roll You better get rid of the squirrel, he will eat wires from under the hood. Good hunting :cheers :cheers

O sure ,,,,rub it in !!!

If you guys had not brought up the bird thing I wouldn`t have these varmits in my garage !!!:D

I found that i have a whole family of them waskels living it the eves of the garage.
I think the little one in the garage fell throw a hole and can`t figure out how to get back up there.
I don`t mind them in the eves as long as they stay out of the gargae.
I`ll fix the hole where the little guy got into the garage and let them be for now.

Once the babys are big ,,,, then out come the big guns !!!

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Hey dq409,

Watched a TV program about squirrels. They are smarter than you think. I hope you have an atomic cannon or an 8 inch Howitzer. GOOD LUCK!!!

Dave

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Hey dq409,

Watched a TV program about squirrels. They are smarter than you think. I hope you have an atomic cannon or an 8 inch Howitzer. GOOD LUCK!!!

Dave
Yep,,, smart little buggers,,

My mom used to feed the squirrel at her house.
There was a rock ledge that ran around the house just below the windows and she fed the bugger at the kitchen window every morning.
If my mom wasn`t there when that squirrel came to eat it would go around the house and look in all the windows untill it found her.
Then it would tap on the window, she would see it and it would head back to the kitchen window to wait for breakfast !!!

I`m going to do the same thing,,
Then when all the squirrels get this down ,,, one morning they will be greeted with a round or two of buck shot !!!:D

Oldskydog,,, I heard they taste like chicken !!!:roll

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
dq409 Idon't know when I can get out your way but I think I can get rid of those critters in the same method I got rid of my large wasp nest in the duck blind several years ago.:eek: :eek: They do sell beer in your area???:rolleyes:
Robert

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
dq409 Idon't know when I can get out your way but I think I can get rid of those critters in the same method I got rid of my large wasp nest in the duck blind several years ago.:eek: :eek: They do sell beer in your area???:rolleyes:
Robert

I really don`t think we have THAT much beer here !!!!:doh :roll :roll

Beside,,, too much nice stuff in the garage for that kind of method !!!:eek:

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Robert

Hope it was not the way a guy down my street used. He started off with 2 or 3 cans of wasp spray bomb in the overhang of his house. That didn't work fast enough for him, so he went the old smoke bomb method. His smoke bomb was made-up with an oily rag that he set afire. A side note on the wasp spray bomb can said "DO NOT USE NEAR FLAME".

I think someone said the fire damage was somewhere in $10,000 range.

Dave

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Hope it was not the way a guy down my street used. He started off with 2 or 3 cans of wasp spray bomb in the overhang of his house. That didn't work fast enough for him, so he went the old smoke bomb method. His smoke bomb was made-up with an oily rag that he set afire. A side note on the wasp spray bomb can said "DO NOT USE NEAR FLAME".

I think someone said the fire damage was somewhere in $10,000 range.

Dave

Man! He did worse than I did! I didn't check the shells in the gun and he didn't read:cheers
Robert