try this test

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I failed but not by much.
I think their correct answer to 48 is WRONG !!!

Attachments

• Resize of test 48090.jpg
    Resize of test 48090.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 86

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I was going along okay, slow but okay, when I realized that I was on question 12 of 50:eek: I figured I'd better quit because at the rate I was going, it was going to take me an hour to get through it.:deal
My brain hurts, I think I'll go lie down for a while.:help

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
I failed but not by much.
I think their correct answer to 48 is WRONG !!!

I gave the same answer DQ. I got out one of my old positive displacement sewer pump books and I see where they got their answer. A trick question for sure!
Robert

Brian Thompson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
That was pretty cool. I got one wrong only because I didn't think correctly for a moment... 98%... Very Cool. But then again, I am an engineer. :brow My wife says I am a geek in normal guys clothing....:takethat :cuss :takethat

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I passed with 80% I got # 48 correct, elementery stuff!

So you are saying that thier answer for #48 is correct AND elementery???:dunno
If the answer is right then why when you put your hand over the carb does it suck your hand down onto the carb????

Please explain it to me,, in dumbie terms:doh

fourspeed409

Well Known Member
Drag Racing

Think of it as being at the races and checking the air with a weather station, it's at sea level. Your 409 has a certian amount of suction due to the piston moving down. The suction alows the atmospheric presure to push air into the cylinder, makes good power. Load up and head for Denver. Check the weather station, air is 5000'. Higher we go the less atmospheric pressure. Your 409 still has the same amount of suction as before at sea level, but the atmosphere doesn't have as much pressure to push the air into the cylinder. Less power, car slows down.

Shane

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
If the answer is right then why when you put your hand over the carb does it suck your hand down onto the carb????

LOTS & LOTS of atmospheric pressure.

elementary...my dear Watson.
e010.gif

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
oh,oh don't get DQ started guys....this was a family post until now. I am admitting defeat on #48 as explained in a sewer pump manual:D
Robert

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Nature abhors a vacuum! Atmosperic pressure at sea level 14.7 lbs / sq inch pushing down on your grubby little hand Jim ;)

Bam59

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
dam i got 80% but would like to see the ones i was wrong on.:doh
but is was good

walkerheaders

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
barely made it by with 80% luckily i figured out where i went wrong. the whole thing reminded me of when Ronnie asked " does and engine turn clockwise or counter clockwise" danged trick questions.

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Tried to take that stupid test yesterday. Spent 30 minutes, thinking things out. Wanted to get 80%. Pressed submit and my computer locked up and got no result. Probably for the best. Hurt my head , thinking too much. When it comes to " thinking" , I am at a big disadvantage. Since so many members were able to get 80% or close, if I need a question answered, I know right where to go to get an answer. :bow :bow

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Tried to take that stupid test yesterday. Spent 30 minutes, thinking things out. Wanted to get 80%. Pressed submit and my computer locked up and got no result. Probably for the best. Hurt my head , thinking too much. When it comes to " thinking" , I am at a big disadvantage. Since so many members were able to get 80% or close, if I need a question answered, I know right where to go to get an answer. :bow :bow

My thoughts exactly Ronnie....I "almost" made the cut but just quite didn't but I am writing the names down of those who did so I can get future answers to issues!!!:D
Robert

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Tom...Sort of the same reaction that I had. Sounds like Faride has aced us. But of course I should have known because he is in "clean water"
Robert

Living proof that even a blind squirrel will find a nut sometimes :stooges