59 El Camino WA

R_XII

Well I dont have a 348 or 409 BUT I have a 59! Ive been reading alot of very good info in the 58-65 full size Chevy section. TONS of good info and great people! Ive already bought brakes from "1958 delivery" and am very pleased with the kit. Just wanted to say hey and thanks to whoever started this forum!

Im in the process of rebuilding...not restoring...my 59. My father bought the car when I was 16 and I worked on it for a few years. He gave it to me as a HS grad gift in 96. I was driving it like a 18 year old kid and the frame couldnt take all the wheel hop and ended up splitting over the rear axle so when I was about 20 I took the body off and got a 4 door and swapped out the frames.....well I never did get the car running again, snowmobiles and dirt bikes and girls kept me from really getting that project back together. It ended up sitting under a tree for about 12 years....SAD I KNOW. BUT I have it in the shop again and have just rebuilt the control arms and put disk brakes on the front now. Planning on making it more of a hot rod than a restore. I tore it apart about a month ago and at the pace Im going it should be back on the road late summer or this fall!

D

R_XII

46176_3907777779138_1509442623_n.jpg

top is back in 97...

Bringing it in the shop about a month ago. First time I drove it since about 98!
577101_4572607999478_2123762743_n.jpg

R_XII

Most those are my dads 65 El Camino. Some friends pickups....some from gokarts...the one on the left is from a dirt bike. Lol we have a good time out here!

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Welcome D, 59 looks in pretty good shape considering it been under a tree for 12 years:hide. Well you have come to the right place here for knowledge and a great bunch of friends:hug.
Gav

63impalass409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Welcome ,does it say your in Wa? I am in Tacoma would be nice to know people with cool cars other than a camaro.

R_XII

Yep! Im in Spokane!

My father has a 60 Impala, 63 Impala wagon...That my great grand mother bought brand new, something like 50,000 miles on it, 64 Chevelle convertible, and a 65 El Camino. so lots of cool cars around here!

Should have the front end all back together with the new disk's this weekend. Have to run some new brake lines for the new power/master cylinder, and line lock:beer!! Gotta swap out the muncie in his 65 for a 5 speed then i can set my engine back in the car. cant wait to hear it run.