K&N air filter- huge hp gain !!!!

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Ronnie, Your a bad bad boy...:nono1: Influencing those young kids...:clap:clap:clap Your car looks great. Best looking 4-door hardtop...:beerbang

W Head

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
cool

Real cool Ronnie, love the burn out!!! Love the K&Ns, but what is TENPEN and what are you doing in the middle east?????????:dunno:roll:roll

W Head

59 El Camino 348-3,2s
59 Impala 409-2,4s

Ronnie, when my U-TUBE pops up there is a Ronnie Russel in the middle east teaching something called TENPEN, I don't guess it is you???????

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Thanks Dan, The result of one guy wanting to try out his new camera and the car owner being an airhead with a warped sense of humor. Something to do on a hot summer day. :dunno

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Ya know I never did hear that chirp...:scratch Could you please try that again....:brow

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I replayed the last ten seconds about a half a dozen times. You can't beat the sound of A healthy 409.:beerbang

bobs409

Administrator
Cool! :cheers

Ya know Ronnie, you really should put the K&N stickers in the windows (or on the fenders) to get the maximum performance gain. :p You might see another 10+ HP. :roll

Bob

johnnyrod

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Now thats a chirp churp looks like you are leaking rubber off those back tires must be hot there. Great car love it K&N rules :D:D john

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
law breaker

Given my close working relationship with the Texas Rangers and Border Guards, I have forwarded this to the proper local authorities in Ladonia. As a society, we can not allow this type of irresponsible behavior to exist!!!!!

:roll:roll:roll:roll

Can I get behind the wheel next time I'm in the area?????? PLEASE!!!!

petepedlar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
But Phil........... an older gentleman in a big older classic 4 door car wouldn't be hot rodding............ He was probably going to the market to buy some prunes when the throttle stuck........... you know what those older cars are like........ (probably doesn't need the prunes anymore)

:roll:roll:roll:roll

Dave

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Phil, there are no authorities here, proper or improper. I could have done that on the town square if there had been a little more room. You are welcome to drive that old car anytime you wish , however it is going in the corner of my shop. covered with tarps. Can't afford gasoline, and even if I could, there is nowhere to go.:dunno The spoof on ridiculous advertising claims is the most fun I will probably get out of the old car. Dave, your description was excellent. " older gentleman in a big older classic 4 dr car". That covered it all.:roll I would like to announce that I have a brand new project that I will start on any day now. I am really excited about it. It is not w-head powered but I do truly believe that when finished it will put a smile on every members face. It will be painted Roman Red and have a 247 engine. ( not a mis-print ) .. I think I can complete the whole project in 3 months. And with the small engine, maybe I can afford to drive it some. Tootle- oooo :)

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
[QUOTE I would like to announce that I have a brand new project that I will start on any day now. I am really excited about it. It is not w-head powered but I do truly believe that when finished it will put a smile on every members face. It will be painted Roman Red and have a 247 engine. ( not a mis-print ) .. I think I can complete the whole project in 3 months. And with the small engine, maybe I can afford to drive it some. Tootle- oooo :)[/QUOTE]

What a drive-by tease!:p
:roll

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
Can we have a comment, about the prunes, Ronnie. :roll I know what happens, when my wife drinks prune juice.:mad: Skip:) I forgot to mention, your car sounds really sweet.

Skip FIx

Well Known Member
The grass there looks about as brown as it is here. Haven't even got a cutting of hay yet. Maybe that tropical storm will give us some relief.

When we had a "dyno day"(cheap 2 pulls on the chassis dyno) for the "new" GTO club at a shop, mine made 10 more RWHP than one with a K&N(284 for mine). Talk about advertising more HP they really do for the late model guys.

Brian Thompson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
This was was great day! We had a lot of fun getting everything set up for this.
I so want to tell about Ronnie's new project, but he has sworn me to secrecy! We talked about it for a while and came up with some good ideas that will just make everyone envious of him. Now all I have to do is keep him off the Metamucil long enough to work on it!!! :roll:roll:roll

I would like to add that this video was to be shot the day I wrecked my car. We were also going to get the two cars side by side on the launch. Well, By the time Ronnie gets his new project done, hopefully my car will be fixed and we can get everything together!! :beerbang:beerbang:beerbang

Ronnie- You need to drive your car! It was just begging to be rode hard and put up wet Sunday. :argue::argue::stooges:takethat

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
GREAT Video and burnout !!
Set it on to several friends,,
got this reply from my anal retentive friend,,,

Always has something better,,,,:takethat
KN's on top like that just suck in hot air.

My parent's 1966 Biscayne with SS-396 would do a lot better than that! Maybe you remember it?

jr.W

Well Known Member
Ronnie is your car a 4 door with the back doors welded shut and filled in?
If so that is cool I always wanted to do that to a chevyII. They are much cheaper
than a 2 door.

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
jr.W, I simply shaved the door handles. The rear doors are fully functional. The door seam lines are very tight. Many hours of body filler work to make them very close. 4 dr h/t is really bad about wide spaces between doors and fenders. Thanks for the compliment. Jim, I don't know where else to put the air filters but on top. Tell your buddy they were certainly sucking hot air. 100 dg. outside that day and at that time. Can't tell it hurt performance. Too bad we can't put the 66-396 car next to mine and see what happens. I would really like that. The rear tires on my car are ( were ) new 235x70x15 radials. 8 in. tread width. Not drag radials , but no skinny wimpy tire either. I would wager that I can boil drag radials also. In my opinion it would require 9 in. slicks to get any decent launch. At which point multiple parts breakage would occur. Catch 22.... With the current tires I would expect 3 sec. 60 ft times. Aint gonna switch to a strong rear end so she is retired now. ( unless a 66 -= 396 shows up ) :roll