Tri-State Raceway August 17 & 18, 2013

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Here's the dates for 2013. I realise August is a long ways down the road for you guys knowing if you are able to come or not. I told the track these dates are tenative and may have to cancel if there is not enough interest.

For more info go to http://www.tristateraceway.com/ Click on track info, then click on local lodging.

I deleted the frist 2013 thread.

Hope we can get enough together for a fun time.:crazy

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
It looks open right now on my calender :) Have to put the word out to all non members of this sight you run into. Maybe post on the HAMB if you are over there?

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Dave,
I have it on my calender. I note that August 17th is Friday. Won't the race be on Saturday and Sunday the 18th and 19th ?
I assume we can get into the track on Friday like before. The blue 62 SS 409 is running great.
Paul Stensland

chevman66

Supporting Member 10
.....Paul, you must be looking at a 2012 calendar :hide.....this year the 17th is Saturday.....

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Thanks Dan, Shan, & Paul for the reply. Paul, glad to hear you have her back together. Yes, the track will be open Friday night and i will get there early enough to stake out the same area.

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
We will put it on our calendar as a "MAYBE". Just don't know what is going on for the summer right now. Planning on attending Thompson's Fred Totten Shootout and the Dave Smith Westcoast Shootout, and don't know how many other's we will be able to make. Now that I have limited funds, and LOTS of time, I'm having a hard time getting the two to line up !!!!

Bill

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
I will do my best to head that way in August. Hope to meet the Midwest extension of the group that gets together in Ohio every June :).

Might just drive up in a surprise this year :).

Cheers,
TomK
Columbia, MO

jbschneeweis

Well Known Member
I should be there if I ever get my car back together. Engine is here, I just need to finish putting it together. Working on getting a trans. since everyone tells me my M21 won't last. Are there any opinions on putting automatic in place of the 4 speed since I have to pull the M21 anyway. What do you guys think? :dunno Thanks.

Joel

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
:rollGreat question Ronnie! I can hear the flack now!:dealAutomatics dont break nearly as many parts.

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Come on you guys.....................:dohDon't make Joel into a skirt wearing dude..........:hide:dunno:cheersIf you ain't breaking $hit, u ain't trying hard enuf..................:crazyWho cares the 2 pedals go fast?????????????:laugh

jbschneeweis

Well Known Member
Didn't realize that a simple question would stir the pot & start a war!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Still didn't get a rational answer, just some personal comments. The reason I asked is that in 2011 I wiped out my clutch & 2012 broke my engine all running a 4 speed. When we get older our coordination is not as good as it used to be. I miss 3rd gear more times than I would like to admit. I like to participate in the shootouts & would like to continue doing it, but maybe for me 2 pedals would work better. Also I know a few 2 pedals that go pretty good (Charlie K & Dennis). Still would like some opinions that might help me make a decision with some options or suggestions on trans. If I have offended anyone I apologize. Thanks.

Joel

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Joel

Sorry if i offended you.......just poking a little fun in general .. Did you get my PM a couple days ago? I had some options there for you and a guy to call.

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
Joel,About how much power is your engine making,and what does the car weigh? Also,do you plan on any street driving with the car? Either a TH-350 OR A th-400 will serve you well,but picking the right convertor is the only trickey part[it's not that bad]

jbschneeweis

Well Known Member
Joel

Sorry if i offended you.......just poking a little fun in general .. Did you get my PM a couple days ago? I had some options there for you and a guy to call.

Dave: Yes I did. I contacted him a while back. He is asking 1800.00. It sounds pretty good. I can get one of Bob Walla's T10s that he is rebuilding for a reasonable price. Just trying to figure out which is the best way to go for me. Thanks. Joel

jbschneeweis

Well Known Member
Don: Jack Gibbs built the engine & he claims that it will be about 450+ & the car is about 3500 lbs. I do plan on driving it on the street after my drag racing days are over. I was thinking about the th-400, any advise would be helpful. I also plan on keeping all my 4 speed stuff so that I can convert it back whenever I get tired of the auto. Thanks. Joel