1961 Biscayne project in Fargo ND

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Brian, Is that the same process used to do mirrors? I know there are some businesses that have adopted that process for plastics and even badly pitted pot metal. It is just body work and then paint...:deal
Not sure but they do spray the chrome color on first and then clear over

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Well my first outing was ok at best nothing to talk about:grumble I was going for my license today along with trying the car out for the first time, the car was hooking but not I made 5 runs and the car was in the air 1st 2nd and 3 rd gears were all in the Air plus I ran out of gas once to.:doh So i never made it to the full 1/8 mile without being all over the track:eek and this was with 14 psi in the slicks and dumping the clutch at as low as 4600 rpm going to add some weight to front end and tighten the front end up a little this week and head back out again next weekend I guess that’s why it’s a test& tune day I was also hoping for better outing today:yawn

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
That doesn't sound bad at all. Completely new car and you brought it back in one piece. Next time out you'll be more comfortable and do better I'm sure. Video would be a plus :D

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Sounds like its working good, can't complain about too much power? Congratulations to you too Brian.

Don

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
the car was in the air 1st 2nd and 3 rd gears were all in the Air

Lifting the tires in three gears! :beer Way to go! :beerIt sounds like you've got no shortage of power. :deal
Now it's just a matter of trying to get the car to run a clean pass. :scratch I'm sure you'll get it with a bit of work.

We're in the same boat with our car, but in the end, I was just happy to get it down the track without breaking anything.

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
WOOOOOOOW, Great job on the whole project,......... Car looks to leave very straight, and HIGH, congratulations and thanks for sharing with us, Good looking car

61belairbubbletop

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Looks fantastic ! Wish I could hear it ! Bet it sounds great !
Congratulations. Job well done.
No "twisting" on your launch. Nice, even lift. Cool.