Gauging Interest: South Eastern Members Get Together

Would you be interested in attending a Southeastern 348/409 Get Together??

• Total voters

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
I can leave right after breakfast,whenever I wake up.Likely be there no later than 11-11;30 cdt.

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Don I'll take my lap top with me and let you know where we are and maybe you can just come and meet us at the motel

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I'm still not sure whether we are coming Friday night or Saturday morning. It's turned out that all of the kids will be at our ex's. Shannon will have to drive to McRae, GA (about 80 miles in the opposite direction) Friday evening to meet her kid's dad. That will put her getting back home about 8:30. We will either leave then and arrive late Friday night or get up early Saturday. Chattanooga is about 3.5 hours from us. We plan on spending the night Sunday, but will have to leave around lunchtime to get all the kids back home.
Just 3 more weeks now!!! We are very excited to finally meet some of ya'll. Counting down til the BIG ONE in September too!

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
it is going to be great to get together with you guys, Eric look forward to seeing you there, go on and bring that 409.........:bow

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Have been talking to Don about T-shirts I have been working on these for a while and will try to have a few proto types finished for our get together so Jason what size do you and your wife wear I have pm'd Eric I really want to have a neat saying on the back so if you have any ideas lets hear them

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Jason............................ no kids :dunno will it just be you and Shannon, anyone else that plans on coming let me know and you won't be left without a shirt

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Just the two of us Martin. My kids are gone every other weekend and that's how it fell. Hers are gone the first weekend of the month, but they swapped weekends because of things they have planned their usual one.

Donny Hammond

Well Known Member
I was planning on coming and had made arrangements to get the 63 there but the cancer in my neck has made other plans for me as I'm having surgery on the 28th. Hope that everyone has a great time and Jason if you are ever in the Monroe , Ga. area look me up.....That invitation is open to everyone.....Donny

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Donny, I am sorry to hear that. We will be praying for you and for your surgeon.
We were up in Monroe a few weeks ago and bought a Montana van from a little car lot after seeing it on Craigslist. It's not that far away, so we will try to get up there again soon and go to lunch or something with you. We were glad to see that the big mural with the waterfall was changed to point towards downtown parking instead of the big arrow saying "just six blocks from downtown". We were driving through there a few years ago, and upon seeing that, we turned and drove several miles looking for it. Finally turned around and I went into the store and asked about it. The girl inside just started laughing and said that they get asked about it all the time. :oops:roll

The gentleman who bought and restored my family's '61 Impala lives not far from you in Social Circle, GA. He also has a beautiful '60 Impala as well. I wouldn't be surprised if ya'll know each other.

Last edited:

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Donny thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family, think positive and keep your head up will look forward to meeting you next year, or at the big convention in September, hang in there

Martin

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Hey Donny if I can pull these off everyone that wants one can buy them when I work out the details i'll let everyone know Eric we are looking at the LaQuinta Inn off of 75
Hamilton place if ou google it

Eric Kozmic

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
It appears I will not be making this event after all.

I was hoping to postpone the trip this week for work, but others had more influence.

I'll be there in spirit and will hopefully see everyone out in Great Bend in ~5 months.

Donny - you take care of yourself. I may just look you up one of these days as I travel through GA on an occasional basis.

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Sorry to hear that Eric, but I will be looking forward to meeting you in September. We'll have another one!

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Eric sorry to hear that also, but its all goodwe'll get em next year, Don jacks you and your cousin still in, there is a Nostalgia race at the track that weekend so it should be a fun time and we can discuss what to do for next year. Lookin forward to seeing ya'll