Z-11style air cleaner

awsumcars

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Thanks for the pics. Interesting, I've seen quite a few different looks of the AC, even on the original drag cars.

yellow wagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Great job! Looks fantastic. Which fuel filter is that? I was looking to do something similar

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
Thanks guys. The fuel filter is one for a early 90's Chevy truck with the o ring fittings. It works great and looks like the z-11 filter to boot! I painted it black too. Also easy to get a replacement on the road.

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I didn't notice the filter until it was mentioned. It looks really good.
The entire setup looks good and of course the cooler air will make more power,,, and help ward off detonation. :clap

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
Thanks Jim. And to your comments yes, and yes. I run 12 to 1 compression on pump gas and that air cleaner set up has really helped. The air filter is a huge k&n 16x3 or so. No restriction there.

409envy

Well Known Member
This is awesome! Is this available for purchase? I would really like to get my hands on one?

Phalen409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Same here! - Would love to have one for the new build. Can you get a re-pop anywhere? Looks awesome.

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
I tried to get them reproduced locally in fiberglass,but the fella backed out. I never did send one to Glasstek for a quote. I will say it sure helps drawing in only cold air. I had to jet up to get rid of a lean surge after installing the air cleaner. The lid is a little plain, I had planned to make one that looks more like the z-11 one but got too busy over the winter.

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
That air cleaner assembly looks fantastic! What did you make it out of? Metal or fiberglass?

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
I made it from aluminum and steel. I have to make one more for a 68 Camaro and I think that one will be all aluminum.

409envy

Well Known Member
I tried to get them reproduced locally in fiberglass,but the fella backed out. I never did send one to Glasstek for a quote. I will say it sure helps drawing in only cold air. I had to jet up to get rid of a lean surge after installing the air cleaner. The lid is a little plain, I had planned to make one that looks more like the z-11 one but got too busy over the winter.

If you ever do decide to mass produce them I will be first in line for one... Awesome!!!