Where do you buy your PF141 filters?

bobs409

Administrator
This is of course if you use the cannister oil filter. :D The PF-141 is the AC delco element.

I used to get them at Summit for a really good price but they don' t carry them anymore. I'm down to my last 4 :ok so time to start thinking about where to buy them again. :think

bobs409

Administrator
I just checked Autozone and Advance websites. Autozone has STP but they want $7.99 for a stinkin' oil filter! Advance only has Purolator and Fram but I would have to order as they aren't stocked normally.

I Googled PF141 and from the hits I got, I'm starting to think AC doesn't make these anymore. ?? I can't find them available anywhere. (at least no place that doesn't want 10 bucks for them) :doh

I know a lot of people switched to the spin on's (sissy's :laugh) but there has to be many dinosaurs like me that still use them. :D

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Bob, if you have an A&A auto parts store down your way, they started carrying Wix filters. The A&A I deal with stocks the cartridges. I think I paid around $6.00-$7.00 for the last one I bought about 2 months ago.

bobs409

Administrator
While I was researching these, I found all the major brand part numbers: :deal

AC PF141
Wix 85143
Purolator L30141
Baldwin P-18
Hastings LF211
Fram CH200PL
STP S200PL

I used to like buying from Summit, I think they were under $5 a piece! I used to throw a few in with every order I placed there. :(

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Go to a heavy trucks parts place with those numbers Bob, I bet they have them. I think that filter is widely used, maybe in farm equipment too. They stock the center bearing for the driveshaft, its a common one used on many 2 piece driveshafts. They are also a cheap place to pick up grade 8 bolts.

Don

Tri5man

Well Known Member
Why would you want to buy AC Delco oil filters? They are now made in China. Buy Napa Gold or Wix.

bobs409

Administrator
I like to keep my GM all GM. :D

The ones I have say made in Mexico. (not that it would be better than China)